What better than to explore wild foods in a historic town? The foods you will see would have been used regularly in medieval England.
Learn to forage for yourself so you can save on plastics, money, and explore flavours that are not available in today's genetically engineered foods.
Learn about the ancestors of the foods you eat today, and discover the similarities and differences between plants in the same families.
Enjoy uthe unique taste of a wild inspired, foraged, and very seasonal meal!
About This Deal
We start off with a brief talk on responsible foraging, followed by a slow walk around the local area. As we follow the historical town of Sandwich, we will admire a plethora of wild edibles.
We end the walk at Sandwich Medieval Centre where you will experience a selection of wild inspired foods and drinks.
Due to the properties of some wild foods, it is paramount that anyone who may be pregnant alert us before booking the course.
• Wild Salad - Greens are an important in foraging, and salad is available everywhere in nature. We explore edible leaves and flowers in a wonderful mixed salad.
• Nettle Soup - Warming wild soup on a cold spring day. Served with freshly baked wild inspired bread, and a drizzle of cream.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for children under 10.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Guided informational wild food walk
- Please bring shoes and clothing suitable for the weather.
- Bring along a pen, paper and camera to take notes and photos.
Sandwich Medieval Centre, The Quay, Sandwich CT13 9EN, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sandwich Forager in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.