Tour times 12 noon and 2pm, 7 days a week throughout the year (check booking calendar for any exclusions).
Your guide for all of the tours is author and historian Richard Falconer who is endorsed by noted St Andrews Golf Historian and author David Joy.
These are golf orientated historical tours of St Andrews, giving an all-round insight into what makes St Andrews so unique, from the golf to the wealth of history through the town. St Andrews is not only the 'Home of Golf', it has Scoltand's first University and the ruins of the Cathedral and Archbishops Palace was once the seat of the Catholic Church for over eight centuries.
The golfing enthusiast generally knows a lot about golf in St Andrews, so these tours feature lesser known aspects and appeals to all who have an appreciation of the game and an interest in history.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St Andrews Links, Pilmour House, St. Andrews KY16 9SF Scotland
Learn about aspects of the game of Golf in St Andrews not widely known.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Golf Inn, 1 Golf Pl, St Andrews KY16 9JA, UK
Having changed its name a few times over the years find out what it was called for 1 week during the 2015 Open Championships!
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: University of St Andrews, St. Andrews KY16 9AJ Scotland
Learn about Scotland's oldest University established 1413. Visit St Salvator's College and University Chapel.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: St Andrews Cathedral, St. Andrews Cathedral The Pends, St. Andrews KY16 9QL Scotland
Explore the iconic ruins of the Cathedral where 124 noted Golfers are buried, including the Tom Morris family, Allan Robertson and Jamie Anderson.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St Andrews Castle, St. Andrews Castle The Scores, St. Andrews KY16 9AR Scotland
Find out about a darker side to St Andrews!
Duration: 10 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with walking difficulties
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Do not attempt to come on a tour if any of the following are present: Cold/flu/covid like symptoms - This includes sniffles, runny nose, cough, sneeze, temperature or rash. If any of these are displayed, the tour will finish and no refunds. Unfortunate measures but important to adhere to.
- Local guide
1 hour 45 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the St Andrews Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.