What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
This activity is wet but incredibly good fun for little people and adults a like. The venue is chosen to suit the groups ability and age and taste for adventure. Ideal for a group or family adventure experience.
It can cetainly be cold in the water so we provide full wetsuits to try and keep you warm. But please come prepared. We wil keep you moving to stay warm but you may get a bit chilly. Bring a go for it attitude and push your boundaries!
"Ghyll" is the Lakeland word for a mountain stream; scrambling in one is an exhilarating activity for groups young and old. You will climb up spectacular waterfalls, jump in to deep bubbling plunge pools, crawl through tunnels and slide down water polished rock chutes. A full-on wet and wild adventure for everyone!
Ghyll Scrambling, gorge walking or canyoning as its sometimes known as is one of the most popular activities in the area. There is no denying it, it ours too.
Our main Ghyll scrambling venue is based 10 minutes outside Keswick in the Newlands valley. However, depending on water levels, the group ability and aspirations we may use other venues across the Lake District.
Pass By: Braithwaite Primary School
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A minimum booking number of 4 people is required.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Wetsuit, Helmet and Bouyancy aid
- Experienced Guides
- Lunch - Food and drink is not provided
- Participants must provide their own suitable footwear (no water shoes or Crocs)
- Bring a full set of warm clothes + towel.
- Must provide a pair of tracksuit bottoms, leggings or shorts to wear over the wetsuits.
- Changes facilities not available at venue.We ask you descretly change in your car or behind a bush.
2 to 3 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Adventure Element Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.