What You'll Get
Meet in the morning near the London Eye and depart from London on a scenic drive through quintessential English countryside, with a quick comfort stop on the way out of London. During the Summer months, the tour will head first to the highly coveted secret place. The exact location can only be revealed if you choose to join, and will be decided on the day, but with so many beautiful places en route to choose from, it is certain you will love it!
From there, head through small country lanes to the City of Bath. Resplendent in Georgian architecture, it is well worthy of its UNESCO World Heritage City status. Upon arrival, take a guided driving tour of some of Bath’s highlights, which are perhaps a little far to walk to from the city centre. See the Royal Crescent, the Circus, the Jane Austen Centre and more. Then you will be dropped off near Bath Abbey and the Roman Baths, armed with a map and some suggestions of things to see and do, before exploring at your leisure and to have lunch (at own expense). Perhaps you will find a café to savor a delicious Cornish Pasty or Sally Lunn bun, or try some of the legendary local cider?
Perhaps you will want to explore the Abbey, a wonderful example of Perpendicular Gothic architecture, or visit the beautifully preserved Roman Baths, or take a stroll across Pulteney Bridge over the River Avon, one of only 4 bridges in the world with shops across its full span.
Your guide will offer a walking tour of the city, focusing largely on the Roman Baths (although not entering all together). Listen to your guide for the time of the walking tour, and you can decide on the day whether you would like to join or not.
Next stop, the mysterious, world famous, prehistoric stone circle that is Stonehenge. Your driver/guide will provide commentary en route, providing some background history and discuss some of the theories surrounding it. When you arrive, you will have the chance to see the stones, take a walk around them with plenty of time for some fantastic photo opportunities, before visiting the new visitor center, gift shop and cafe. Visit toward the end of the day during the Summer as the site is generally quieter, and most of the big buses have gone home, giving you a better experience of this awe-inspiring place.
Then, make your way back to London, full of some fantastic memories and experiences from a full-day's adventure. Your guide will plan the route back into London based on where everyone is staying and do their best to make your onward journey home as easy as possible.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 3 years
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, and across some uneven surfaces
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- No large items of luggage are permitted, luggage compartment is limited
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Optional walking tour in Bath (included in the price)
- Driving tour in Bath
- Bottled water
- Transport by luxury, air-conditioned mini coach
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Bath Abbey
- Entry to Stonehenge approximately: child £10.50, students/concessions £15.80, adults £17.50. Your guide will take cash payment on the day, please note there is no credit card facility available. From 1st April 2019, prices will be £11.40 for children, £17.10 for concessions and £19 for adults. *Please note, these prices are controlled by English Heritage and are subject to increase beyond our control*
- Food and drink is not included
Returns to original departure point as well as central London drop off points, to be confirmed on day of travel. Approximate return time - 8-8.30pm (dependent on traffic)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The English Bus in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.