Created by Purveyors of London Spirit, Portobello Road Gin – The Ginstitute is the ultimate gin experience, allowing discerning drinkers to craft their own unique gin recipe to take home.
Nestled beneath The Distillery on the iconic Portobello Road, The Ginstitute takes you on a whistle stop journey through the history of gin before culminating in an interactive and engaging gin making session where you learn all about the gin making process and botanicals before blending your own unique recipe gin.
Tickets are priced at £120 and include:
- a 3 hour history of gin and gin making masterclass with four drinks
- 4 cocktails/mixed drinks
- a 700ml bottle of your own unique GIN
- a 500ml bottle of Portobello Road Gin
What You'll Get
The three hour session will captivate any intellectual (and thirsty) fellow, as master distiller and entertaining raconteur Jake F.Burger and his expert team of 'Gin Instructors' take you on a historic whistle stop journey, revising the miserable gin era of London in the 1700’s made famous by Hogarth’s iconic ‘Gin Lane’ tableau, through 300 years of heritage belonging to Britain’s national spirit.
The intimate and interactive experience culminates in making your own gin as, lubricated by gin cocktails, you move on to one of The Blending Rooms in The Distillery to learn about the gin making process, the botanicals used to flavour gin and with the help of The Ginstitute’s gin gurus, create your very own bespoke blend to take away in a personally signed 700ml bottle.
You are now a member of the esteemed Ginstitute Alumni and we will keep your unique recipe on file at The Ginstitute allowing you to re-order your gin and continue to enjoy it at home.
- arrival cocktail
- history of gin session with gin and tonic
- interlude cocktail
- gin-making session with tastings
- final cocktail
- depart with your own unique gin and a bottle of Portobello Road Gin
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Beverages: Includes 4 cocktails/mixed drinks, a 700ml bottle of your own unique recipe gin to take away and a 500ml bottle of Portobello Road Gin to take away
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Food (food is available from the two upstairs bar for before / after your experience)
11:00am, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00, 19:00
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Ginstitute in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.