The English Lake District is one of the most recent additions to UNESCO’s World Heritage List. Admire the rolling countryside and craggy fells whilst listen to your guide about the Lake District's history, geology and the people that have shaped this much-loved region.
Along the way, you will pass some of the region’s most spectacular sights, such as the Borrowdale Valley, Buttermere, Honister pass, Ullswater, and Grasmere. There are many stops on route; a highlight is the Castlerigg Stone Circle with its panoramic views. Our friendly driver/guide will provide an on-board commentary on this full day spectacular tour of lakes and mountains.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Troutbeck, Troutbeck, Lake District, Cumbria, England
Travel through Troutbeck village and over England's highest mountain pass, Kirkstone Pass
Pass By: Ullswater, Ullswater, Lake District, Cumbria, England
See England's 2nd largest lake, Ullswater
Stop At: Castlerigg Stone Circle, Castle Lane Underskiddaw, Keswick CA12 4RN England
Castlerigg Stone Circle, an ancient circle of 48 stones. Take photos of this age-old site and learn how the stones were probably set here in around 3,000 BC to form a ceremonial site.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Keswick, Keswick, Lake District, Cumbria, England
enjoy free time for lunch (own expense) and explore this delightful market town as you wish.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ashness Bridge, Keswick England
Stop at the most photographed bridge in the Lake District, Ashness Bridge as well as admire the views from Suprise View which boast spectacular views over Derwentwater and beyond
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Honister Slate Mine, Honister Pass, Keswick CA12 5XN England
Climb the rugged slopes of Honister Pass to the chocolate-box village of Buttermere and then drive by Crummock Water to Keswick.
Stop At: Grasmere, Grasmere, Lake District, Cumbria, England
Stop in the picture-postcard village of Grasmere, famous for William Wordsworth and Sarah Nelsons Grasmere Gingerbread
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please arrive early as the tour cannot wait for late passengers or late trains
- Children must be over the age of 5 to travel on this tour
- There will be a designated lunch stop where you’ll be able to purchase lunch
- There are toilet stops on route
- Minimal walking is involved
- Our vehicles are not currently wheelchair accessible
- Luggage storage is available at the Windermere Information departure location
- Seats cannot be reserved
- Each passenger must have their own seat
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Transport in a small mini-coach
- On-board commentary in English
- 45 minute lake cruise
- Pick up and drop off from Oxenholme Train Station
- Food & drink
- Drivers gratuity (optional)
Oxenholme Lake District, Oxenholme Rd, Oxenholme, Kendal LA9 7HG, UK
915 to 1,830 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Mountain Goat in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.