The Victoria and Albert (V&A) is considered by many to be the world’s greatest museum of Art and Design. Your tour guide will show you many of the Museum's highlights dating from ancient times to the present day such as the Raphael Cartoons, Tippoo’s Tiger, Leonardo Da Vinci’s Notebooks, Michelangelo’s wax model, the oldest dated and most important carpet in the World, the Ardabil, and the intricate timber facade of a London home that survived the Great Fire of London in 1666. The Museum’s Cast Courts house a staggering display of life-size plaster casts made in the 19th Century of famous European statues and monuments; the awe-inspiring cast of Trajan’s Column in Rome is made up of sections reaching from the floor to the ceiling.
It’s a must-see place in London and V&A tells you everything about the world of art and design. Explore this treasure of culture with Tourope UK’s art professional APTG blue badge guides today.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: V&A - Victoria and Albert Museum, Cromwell Road, London SW7 2RL England
V&A - Victoria and Albert Museum Victoria and Albert. Our queen and her wise consort, they were true lovers, a great couple and great rulers of all times. They were cousins and were like two peas in a pod. Therefore whenever you hear Victoria, Albert is there, whenever you hear the name Albert, Victoria is there. Therefore the Victoria & Albert Museum carries their soul, it’s spectacular, ostentatious, marvellous. V&A is the largest art and design museum in the world and holds over 2,3 million permanent items representing over 5 000 years of human innovation. V&A holds a great number of national collections in the UK and includes some of the best tools for the study of architecture, furniture, design, textiles, photography, sculpture, painting, gems, glass, ceramics, book arts, theatre and performance. This V&A past is a fascinating tale. It all started with a Manufacturing Museum in 1852 and it goes up to its foundation in 1899 by Queen Victoria. Today V&A have state-of-the-art galleries has continuously evolved in its collections and public interpretation of art and design. The collections in the museum span over five thousand years of artistic humanity in nearly every medium in one of Britain's finest Victorian and contemporary buildings in London. V&A’s mission is to be recognised as the world's leading museum of art, design and performance, and to enrich people's lives by promoting research, knowledge and enjoyment of the designed world to the widest possible audience and we must admit, they are very successful on that. Choices are endless in V&A. It's a different world. Just see the enamel and copper Becket Casket made in the 12th century in Limoges, France, which contained the Archbishop’s relics as well as decorative arts from the reigns of Henry Vlll to Queen Victoria for example. The modern design includes stunning works by the American glass sculptor Dale Chihuly and original artwork of the Rolling Stones. Alternatively just ask us to design an itinerary around your specific interests such as Medieval and Renaissance, Britain between 1500-1900, Europe between 1600-1815, Theatre & Performance, Behind the Scenes - Tour of the Conservation Studio, African Heritage, Designing the V&A, Modern Scandinavian Design, Oriental Art, the World’s Most Famous Carpets and Islamic Decorative Art. All is there and accessible with Tourope UK's APTG approved blue badge guides. Join us!
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- For healthier travel experience, we will be upgrading our standard vehicles to SUVs, MPVs and Vans for 8 people or less and 16 or 33 seater minibuses for 9 people or more, both options at no extra cost. All vehicles steam cleaned.
- Hand sanitizers and masks will be available in our vehicles for the best hygiene practice.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tourope UK in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.