Two tutored English wine tastings and Afternoon Tea. You won’t find a better wine experience within the Cotswolds, so book now!
This English Sparkling Wine & Afternoon Tea Experience includes transportation in our luxurious 8-seater vehicle, so sit back and relax!
You'll join the Woodchester Valley Vineyard English Sparkling Wine Tour before heading to The Painswick hotel for a wonderful sweet and savoury Afternoon Tea.
You'll also receive a private wine tasting of six to eight English wines with a WSET-qualified educator.
Those who book have the opportunity to purchase wines at ‘cellar-door’ prices at Woodchester Valley Vineyard, as well as receiving 10% discount on wines purchased at Tivoli Wines on the day.
About This Deal
Our signature experience begins with one of the most celebrated wine producers in the region, Woodchester Valley Vineyard.
You’ll be given a glass of sparkling on arrival, before being taken on a 1.5 to 2-hour tour of their picturesque vineyards and winery. Here, they will explain the field-to-bottle production process of English sparkling wine, before heading back to the Tasting Room to sample their award-winning range of four sparkling wines and one still wine.
You'll then be whisked away to one of the area’s most luxurious boutique hotels within the quaint village of Painswick. Here you’ll be provided with a sweet and savoury Afternoon Tea, and if the weather permits, you can relax on their terrace overlooking the Cotswolds countryside.
To conclude our day, we’ll get into the finer details of the English wine movement. One of our WSET-qualified guides will perform a private wine tasting of 6-8 red, white and rose wines, focusing on the history, challenges and opportunities of English and Welsh wine. We will introduce you to some of the lesser-known grape varietals, smaller producers with very promising futures and recognisable wines which have won global awards.
• Woodchester Valley Vineyard, Convent Lane, Woodchester GL5 5HR England
• Painswick, Painswick, Stroud District, Cotswolds, England
• Afternoon Tea - Sandwiches, scotch eggs, pork pies, scones and cakes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Alcoholic Beverages - You'll receive two English wine tastings during this experience. One at Woodchester Valley and one private tasting following Afternoon Tea.
- Lunch - A sweet and savoury afternoon tea will be served.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
56 Andover Rd, Cheltenham GL50 2TL, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Vine & Orchard Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.