There are undoubtedly few rivers in the UK that come anywhere near to the beauty of the River Wye. The fifth longest river in the UK rises in the remote uplands of Mid Wales and flows through often mind-blowing scenery to the Severn Estuary. Let me pick you up and transport you to this tranquil and iconic valley. This relatively easy 3.5 mile walk passes through ancient woodland and along the banks of the majestic and serene river. You will enter the almost 900 year old Tintern Abbey, one of the most impressive ancient monuments in Wales, attracting visitors from all over the world. The walk passes through the picturesque village of Tintern where you will have the opportunity to rest on the banks of the river and watch its beauty pass by, whilst enjoying some tasty Welsh snacks.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Cardiff, Cardiff, South Wales, Wales
Get picked up anywhere in the Cardiff/Newport area and be transported to this beautiful valley. Tour duration of 6 hours includes transportation time.
Stop At: Wye Valley and Forest of Dean, Coleford, Gloucestershire, GL16 8RE England
Walk along the river bank and experience the unique tranquility of this area of outstanding natural beauty. Pass by the tranquil villages of Brockweir and Tintern where you can relax next to the famous River Wye and take photos of the picturesque surroundings.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tintern Abbey, Tintern Wales
Enter the Abbey and marvel at its remarkably intact architecture for its age. The Abbey attracts visitors from all over the world and was a thriving monastery for over 400 years.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Old Station Tintern, The car park is run by Monmouthshire Council not the cafe, Tintern NP16 7NX Wales
Stop at the Old Station where you can enjoy coffee and cake next to the river in a fabulously preserved old railway station. Here you can learn about the history of the area and explore the gift shop, set inside old train carriages. (This is seasonal and the station closes Nov-Apr, alternative stop at Abbey Mill in the winter).
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Our vehicles are thoroughly cleaned after each tour - Hand sanitiser is available - You are welcome to wear a face mask but they are not mandatory - Tour locations are extremely low risk areas
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Tintern Abbey
- Bottled water
- Entry to Abbey
National Museum Cardiff, Cathays Park, Cardiff CF10 3NP, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from any Cardiff area location. People staying in central Cardiff may be asked to walk to a nearby pick up point due to the city centre becoming increasingly pedestrianised.
5 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Walk South Wales in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.