Airport Parking in Cardiff: things to know before you go
For everything you need to know about airport parking in Cardiff, look no further.
What are the car parking options at Cardiff Airport?
Before your potentially long drive to Cardiff Airport, it's useful to know where you can park your car. Depending on how long you want to stay, there are several options to choose from.
- Drop off and pick up. Handy for dropping or collecting friends and family, this zone is located directly outside the terminal.
- Meet and greet. Simply drop your car off at the dedicated area, hand your keys over at reception, and walk to check-in within minutes.
- Short stay parking. Convenient for a short trip, this car park is only a couple of minutes’ walk from the terminal.
- Long stay parking. Cost-effective and located on-site, this car park is also just a short walk from the terminal.
- Offsite parking. This car park operates an on-demand shuttle bus service that takes about 10 minutes to arrive at the main entrance.
What's the cheapest way to park at Cardiff Airport?
The cost of airport parking at Cardiff depends on how long you stay and which facility you use. If you’re only there to pick up or drop off passengers, you’ll be able to park for free for a very limited period – 20 to 30 minutes. Your best bet otherwise is to pre-book airport parking or opt for public transport – it can be very costly if you don’t.
Before you book, look online for discounts and other special offers. Groupon offers promotions on Cardiff airport parking, courtesy of firms like Sky Parking Services. They offer up to 25% off park and ride and up to 35% off meet and greet. The Parking Website offers up to 35% off on-site airport parking too. Save time and treat yourself to a brew when you land.
How does park and ride work at Cardiff Airport?
The park and ride service is a convenient and money-saving way to park for longer at Cardiff Airport (although bear mind extra transfer time between the car park and terminal.) Here’s how it works:
- Arrive at the car park. Once you've found the car park, pull up to the entry barrier and wait to be allowed through to the parking lanes.
- Wait for an assistant. Make sure you have your booking confirmation with you. The assistant will then give you a parking ticket.
- Park your vehicle. The assistant will guide you where to park your car.
- Catch a transfer bus. The shuttle bus operates on demand, and the transfer takes about 10 minutes to reach the terminal.
- Ready to leave. On return, catch the transfer bus back to the car park. On leaving the car park, staff will check your booking confirmation and ticket at the exit barrier.
How long can you stay in short stay parking at Cardiff Airport?
There is no limit to how long you can stay in short-term parking, but the cost would be very expensive for a longer stay. Short stay parking is very close to the terminal, and provides convenient easy parking, so it's great for business travellers and those staying for a short length of time. The long stay parking at Cardiff Airport will be slightly cheaper, but still not as cost-effective as using the park and ride facility.