Italian restaurants in Edinburgh: things to know before you go
Here’s all your questions about Edinburgh’s top Italian restaurants – answered.
What are the best Italian restaurants in Edinburgh?
Edinburgh has become quite the little Italy, with plenty of restaurants cooking up wares worthy of whisking you straight to the Mediterranean. From pasta to seafood, here are a few that have claimed a pizza our heart:
- Contini is a family-run empire cooking up a menu of sharing delights. Feast on authentic bites, and choose from an extensive wine list to accompany the flavours. Bellissimo!
- Papavero is a top-rated Italian restaurant with stone baked pizzas and homemade pasta, serving Italian standards with a Scottish twist.
- Origano Pizzeria is ideal for when the pizza craving calls. With an open kitchen, the chefs will be stretching that dreamy dough before your very eyes.
- Nonna’s Kitchen lives up to its humble name. Homely, yet with a stylish edge, dine out on artisanal pasta and classic Italian dishes.
What are the best Italian restaurants in Edinburgh city centre?
After a long day discovering the city, there’s no better way to relax and regain your strength than with a steaming bowl of fresh pasta.
- Valvona & Crolla has become a favourite pit stop for shoppers, with fine Italian dining upstairs and a deli and wine shop on ground level. Great shopping fuel.
- Piccolino’s is a no-nonsense Italian in the heart of the city, with scrummy pasta dishes and scores of seafood dishes to choose from.
- Victor & Carina Contini meld Italian cuisine with Scottish produce, for a truly unique menu – which is changed up daily. A great excuse to keep going back.
What are the best pizza restaurants in Edinburgh?
The ideal sharer, pizza remains a firm favourite in the UK. And in Edinburgh there’s a great few places to share a slice with friends on a night out. Here are some of our favourites:
- La Favorita is one of the top Italian restaurants in the city, with an authentic vibe and dough made from a top-secret recipe.
- Mamma’s brings an American touch to an Italian setting, with over 40 toppings to choose from and an array of local beers. Win-win.
- Anima means ‘soul’ in Italian and their pizza certainly is soul food. These cheesy slices of goodness have been perfected with a carefully guarded recipe.
What are the best Italian restaurants in Edinburgh West End?
No more pre-show panics. We’ve discovered a couple of Italian gems ready and waiting for you before the curtain is raised on your evening’s entertainment.
- La Piazza is the ideal Italian for a pre-theatre meal. Slurp up that spaghetti in a modern and laid back setting before catching a show.
- Quattro Zero cooks up delicious pasta and pizza to eat in, or to take away in a hurry. Good luck choosing from their long list of mouth-watering pizzas.