Restaurants in Harrogate: things to know before you go
Whether you’re visiting on holiday, or you’re a local who’s feeling peckish, find out more about restaurants in Harrogate with this handy Q&A.
What are the best restaurants in Harrogate?
Harrogate might be a relatively small town, but it’s packed with top restaurants, cafés and pubs. Whether you plan on dining at one of the top restaurants in Harrogate, fancy somewhere a little more informal for lunch, or are tempted by afternoon tea and cakes in one of the many lovely cafés, we’ve picked out some of the current favourites here.
- Quantro is undoubtedly one of the best restaurants in Harrogate. Serving traditional British-style cuisine with a modern take, typical dishes include fresh mackerel fillet, ribeye steak and chicken breast. Make sure you stay for dessert – the Harrogate sticky toffee pudding is spectacular.
- William & Victoria is famed as one of the top restaurants in Harrogate. Specialising in British classics, it also serves a cracking Sunday lunch. It also features in this list of Harrogate’s top 10 independent eats.
Are there good Italian restaurants in Harrogate?
If Italian cuisine ticks all your foodie boxes, you’ll be spoiled for choice when it comes to finding the best restaurants in Harrogate. Here are just a few:
- Pizza Express is a real favourite with families, serving up fresh, crisp pizzas with a host of tasty toppings that go way beyond cheese and tomato. Start with calamari rings before getting stuck into a hot and spicy Sloppy Giuseppe pizza.
- Gianni’s Brio in King’s Road has been established since 1983. It serves traditional, rustic Italian food, including a large range of pizza, pasta and salads. It’s great for little ones too – as kids eat free at certain times over the weekend.
- L’Albero Delle Noci is an authentic Italian restaurant in Harrogate open strictly during the evenings (other than all day on Saturdays). It’s ideal for a relaxed supper with friends or a romantic, intimate dinner.
Where can I find Michelin-starred restaurants in Harrogate?
If you’re looking for somewhere really special to eat, you should consider somewhere that’s Michelin-starred – the rubber stamp of restaurant quality. There are a few restaurants in Yorkshire which have gained that accolade – this includes this top restaurant in Harrogate:
- The Yorke Arms – framed in an elegant setting, in Ramsgill-in-Nidderdale, Pateley Bridge. It’s a short drive from Harrogate but well worth the trip out if reviews like this one from the Telegraph are anything to go by. The food has been described as “skilled and imaginative”. Sounds delicious!
Where are all the best restaurants in Harrogate?
Many of the best restaurants in Harrogate are located in the heart of the town centre, making them easy to reach when strolling around on foot. In and around Victoria Road, Montpellier Hill and Royal Parade (this is where you’ll find Quantro) are particular hotspots for cafés and top restaurants in town with an array of vegetarian and vegan eateries dotted around too.
Browse our selection of restaurant deals in Harrogate to dine out at the best places for less. For further info about where to eat, check out the Yorkshire food guide.