Photographers in Manchester: things to know before you go
Not sure how to track down the best wedding photographer in Manchester for your big day, or seeking out a fashion photographer for a headshot session? We take a look at the most common questions being asked to help you find a photographer near you:
How do I prepare for a professional headshot photo session?
A quality headshot photo is a powerful tool to market yourself, which can be used effectively across social media and websites as well as on your CV. Use our handy tips for preparing for a successful session.
- Dress wisely. Choose clothes that reflect your personality, the simpler the better. Bring a few well-ironed options and stick to solid colours for the best results.
- Fix those flyaways. Unless the photographer provides a stylist, visit a salon beforehand, and bring hair products to keep loose strands under control.
- Keep it natural. If there's no makeup service offered, then tackle those untidy brows before you go, keeping makeup to a minimum, while gents should remember to shave.
- Practice your pose. It's worth trying a few looks in the mirror at home to find your best side, and get those poses picture-perfect.
How much does a wedding photographer cost?
An average couple spends around £1,500 on wedding photography in the UK. Savvy shoppers hunting for Manchester wedding photographers should check online for inspiration. A few options in the Manchester area include:
- A full wedding photography package with GN Photography in Levenshulme, which provides a 30 page bespoke photo book and a USB of images for £399.
- Sam's Photography and Videography offers a six-hour wedding photography package with DVD for £499.
Our great deals on affordable wedding photographers in Manchester should help to free up some of your funds for beauty treats, or stag and hen night activities before the big day.
How do I find a good wedding photographer in Manchester?
Getting the right wedding photographer is essential for a stress-free experience, so check out our handy tips.
- Ask friends and family. Want good honest reviews? Ask friends and family for their recommendations on the best wedding photographers in Manchester.
- Explore Instagram. The best place to find simply gorgeous photos. Follow local wedding photographers (you can even search by locations and hashtags) to see examples of their wondrous work.
- Decide on your style. Knowing the type of wedding photos you want will make it easy to narrow down the options, and choose a photographer that suits your style. Prefer posed pictures or a candid style? Every wedding photographer has their specialisms.