What You'll Get
Come ballooning over beautiful Exeter and see the dramatic county from above! The flight will last about an hour but you will be with your crew for 3-4 hours. The experience also includes a glass of champagne and a flight certificate. Balloon rides take place at dawn or dusk.
On arrival at the meeting point, you will be greeted by the pilot and crew and then taken to the launch site that has been chosen for that day. You can then get involved with setting up the balloon or just watch. After a briefing from your pilot, you will take to the air and drift over beautiful villages and stunning countryside.
On landing the crew will have followed you with vehicles and trailers and they will meet you and pack the balloon away - most people like to be involved in this as well! They will then return you to the original meeting point and present you with your certificate signed by your pilot. Don’t forget to bring your camera to catch this moment.
You will fly at dusk or dawn when the winds are usually at their calmest. For a morning flight you meet between 5.30am and 6.30am and in the evening, usually two to three hours before sunset.
It's recommended that you dress in clothing suitable for a countryside walk and the weather/temperature for the time of year. You may also choose to bring a hat to protect your head from the heat of the burners! Please note that ballooning is weather dependent.
If you've ever wanted to see Exeter from a different angle, then a hot air balloon ride offers a fantastic opportunity to view the famous county from above. Aerosaurus Balloons offers magical flight experiences taking off from various hand-picked launch sites across the South West England.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not suitable for pregnant women
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking there is a £50 surcharge payable for people over 18 stone (114kg)
- Please dress appropriately for a country walk for the time of year.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to unsuitable weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- Times vary throughout the year according to sunset and sunrise. Please refer to voucher for confirmation details
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Glass of champagne
- Flight certificate
- Hot Air Balloon Flight
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
original meeting point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Bailey Balloons in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.