Visit three castles and a well-preserved village on this adventure through the sights and stories of Outlander.
There are moments that make your heart pound, scenes that leave you on the edge of your seat, and kisses that cause you to blush.
But no matter how thrilling Outlander is, we think the real-life sites are even more emotive.
This is because visiting the locations lets you step back in time and wander through unchanged, ancient villages. It gives you the chance to gaze up in awe at the mighty walls of a 600-year-old castle. And it allows you to venture through the real battlefields of the Jacobite uprising.
On this tour, your guide takes you through a fantastic array of Outlander sights while telling you all about the history that inspired the famous show.
So, take this time-travelling adventure and discover that the real locations and history are as exciting as the show itself.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Doune Castle, Castle Hill, Doune, Stirling FK16 6EA Scotland
In Outlander, it’s the fictional Castle Leoch. And in reality, it’s a stunning castle with a tall gatehouse, an impressive great hall, and lovely views of the River Teith.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Linlithgow Palace, 9 Kirkgate Sulisker, Boghall, Linlithgow EH49 7AL Scotland
This pretty palace is a favourite of ours because of its connection to Mary, Queen of Scots. It’s also known for one of the most intense scenes in the Outlander series…
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Culross Palace, West Green, Culross KY12 8JH Scotland
This 16th-century village poses as Cranesmuir in Outlander. It also starred in the movies: Captain America: First Avenger and The 39 Steps.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Midhope Castle, Near Abercorn, South Queensferry, Edinburgh EH52 6QZ Scotland
Jamie’s family home, Lallybroch, is as lovely as it looks in the show.
*Please note that Midhope Castle will be closed on the below dates and no visit or photo stop will be possible:
5th November 2019, 13th November 2019, 19th November 2019, 30th November 2019, 3rd December 2019 and 14th December 2019.
Also, from 21st December 2019 - 12th April 2020, this tour doesn't visit Midhope Castle. You spend more time enjoying the other locations at this time of year.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Blackness Castle, Blackness, Linlithgow EH49 7NH Scotland
The tough-looking castle looks like it could fend off an entire empire. And in Outlander, it impersonates Fort William.
** Please note that Blackness Castle is closed Thursdays only from October until Easter.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Falkland Palace & Garden, 11 miles north of Kirkcaldy, Falkland KY15 7BY Scotland
This quaint town in the Kingdom of Fife boasts a beautiful palace and was the location of the 1940’s Inverness scenes.
** Please note the tour will not stop at Falkland Palace until 1st April 2020. From Oct 2019 - March 2020 the tour will stop at Linlithgow for lunch instead.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Near public transportation
- Luggage Allowance: You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on our tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before departure
- In order to retain the integrity of the tour and try to ensure that all our customers have the best possible experience, we do cap bookings from any one party to 8 passengers.
- Due to a change in some of the winter opening hours of the attractions, we have removed the visit to Falkland Palace (lunch at Linlithgow instead).
- From the 1st of April 2020 the itinerary will revert back to the original to include Falkland Palace again.
- *Please note that Midhope Castle will be closed on the below dates and no visit or photo stop will be possible: 5th November 2019, 13th November 2019, 19th November 2019, 30th November 2019, 3rd December 2019 and 14th December 2019. Also, from 21st December 2019 - 12th April 2020, this tour doesn't visit Midhope Castle. You spend more time enjoying the other locations at this time of year.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Transport by air-conditioned mini-coach
- Small group tour (max 16 people)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Admission fees
- Entry/Admission - Doune Castle
- Entry/Admission - Linlithgow Palace
- Entry/Admission - Culross Palace
- Entry/Admission - Midhope Castle
- Entry/Admission - Blackness Castle
- Entry/Admission - Falkland Palace & Garden
266 George St, Glasgow G1 1QX, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Rabbies Trail Burners in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.