The puzzles are similar to those you would find in an escape room. Instead of escaping a room you will be working through a story and ultimately discovering some facts about Scotland's pirates and pirate myths.
We are different to most other treasure hunts because we provide a physical bag and the entire game is played using a combination of objects along with permanent features of the city.
You will only need your phone to contact the game master if you're stuck or need help. You'll need a phone with internet (preferably Whatssapp) for this.
This is a small business and a work of passion created by some local tour guides that love games.
About This Deal
An adventure on Calton island to find Captain Kidd’s hidden treasure.
A mystery friend from the past has left you a letter. He claims to have found the long lost treasure of Scottish pirate William Kidd and is willing to share his findings with whoever solves his riddle. Could you and your team be the ones to solve it?
Gather your team and get to the shores of Calton Island. You will be given the treasure map and a pirate kit. Along with your team you will have to solve the Pirate’s Riddle to get access to the treasure chest and then find the key to open it. This game is full of puzzles, surprises and tidbits on pirate Kidd, his legacy and some of the prominent sea men connected to the area.
It takes around 2.5-3 hours and it finishes where it starts.
The duration is an estimate as it varies a lot between groups. This is a challenging game but you can ask the game master for help at any time. You'll need a phone with internet access. If you take longer than 4 hours you may be asked to return the kit. The game finishes very near where it starts.
We recommend it for older children 12+ and groups. Come prepared to walk :)
• Calton Hill, St. Andrews House 2 Regent Road, Edinburgh EH1 3DG Scotland
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 15 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- All the equipment in the game is frequently sanitised. You will only have contact with the game master at the beginning and at the end. The game is outdoors and private so the experience is safe as long as the group follows social distancing rules.
- Pirate equipment and puzzles
- Game master
2 hours 45 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sherlock's Challenge in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.