Before you know it, you’re tootling along 17 miles of quiet, lock-free water like a true captain on the Leeds & Liverpool Canal. • Six hours and 30 minutes • 10 am – 4:30 pm • Maximum of 10 passengers • Includes a short tuition on handling and safety
What You'll Get
A new memorial erected in 2007 for the crew of a Wellington bomber that crashed during a training flight. The memorial is located in a dedicated area by the canal near a swing bridge. A short distance along the tow path is a cross located at the crash site
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- DAY BOAT HIRE CONDITIONS
- Skipton Boat Trips reserves the right to decline a booking or to refuse to hand over the boat to any person who, in their opinion, is not suitable to take charge. In such cases, the hire fee shall be refunded in full and no liability be outstanding on either party. The named hirer in charge of the boat must be over 21 years of age (proof of age may be required).
- Skipton Boat Trips reserves the right to repossess the boat at any time where a serious accident or damage has occurred or in the opinion of Skipton Boat Trips is likely to occur because of the unsuitability of the hirer’s behaviour or boat handling ability. In such cases, Skipton Boat Trips shall not be liable to make a refund.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to control the general behaviour of those in their charge.
- Availability: The boat is available from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Accommodation: The maximum number of passengers and crew shall not exceed 10.
- Instruction: Prior to departure, instruction will be given on boat handling, water safety, and the safe use of the boat’s equipment
- Accidents: Whilst your boat is insured, you have charge of the boat and are responsible for its safe navigation. No minor may take control of the helm without the supervision of an experienced adult. In the case of any accident or damage to your boat, it is your responsibility to find out the name of the other boat and its owner or person in control, their address, and telephone number to report the facts as soon as possible to the hire base.
- Serious accidents: Skipton Boat Trips will not be responsible for any death or personal injuries save in so far as it results from proven negligence.
- Delays: No responsibility will be accepted by PBT for loss of time or expenses occasioned through accidental damage to the boat whilst in your charge. No liability can be accepted for loss, damage or expenses that occur as a result of any defect or breakdown unless it is proven to have been caused by Skipton Boat Trips negligence. Please report any defect or breakdown as soon as possible to the Wharf Office, which will act as speedily as possible to rectify the problem. Do not attempt any repair without checking with the Wharf Office first.
- Security deposit
- A deposit of £50.00 in cash will be required on the day of hire. Skipton Boat Trips reserve the right to withhold all of this deposit if:
- The boat or any equipment is damaged or missing.
- The boat is returned soiled.
- The boat is not returned at the agreed time. Late return charges £25.00 for the first 30 minutes. Then £50.00 for every hour or part thereof.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Boat hire for up to 10 passengers.
- No food or drinks are included in this trip, but you are more than welcome to bring your own.
Coach St, Skipton BD23 1LH, UK
6 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Skipton Boat Trips in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.