Canoe Loch Maree – A canoe or kayak on Loch Maree and around its islands is a wonderful experience. • Isle Maree, has the remains of a chapel, graveyard, holy well, and holy tree. Isle Maree also attracted the sick and the insane, who drank from its holy well and plunged into the loch three times in the hope of a cure. • The same island also contains ancient stands of oak and holly which have been linked with ancient Scottish druids. • Follow in the footsteps of Queen Victoria • A major feature of the Loch is the large number of islands which it holds,the larger contain pristine remnants of ancient Caledonian Pinewood. Some of these Scots Pine trees are over 350 years old, and stand on ground which has changed little in the last 8000 years.We provide all the equipment you need including canoes, buoyancy aids and paddles. All you need to bring is some lunch and a sense of adventure.
What You'll Get
A day trip canoeing around Loch Maree. Using canoes we will explore the Caledonian Pine forest covered islands, stopping off at some to explore on foot. Then land on Isle Maree with its druid history and you will be walking in the footsteps of Queen Victoria.
This is a wonderful adventure.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in a variety of weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- In order to make sure we have the correct sizes of equipment please inform us of client weights and heights at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hire of canoe, paddle and buoyancy aid
- All activities
- Professional, qualified guide
- Groups first aid equipment and canoe safety equipment
- Food and drinks
Loch Maree picnic site, Unnamed Road Achnasheen, Achnasheen IV22 2HW, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Gairloch Canoe and Kayak Centre in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.