We gather outside the Glastonbury Abbey to embark on our transport to South Cadbury Castle, (roughly 40 mins depending on traffic) the supposed location of Arthur's Camelot. This imposing iron age hill fort looms out of the Somerset landscape. We take a steady walk to the plateau, whilst our guide spins yarns of chivalry and heroes, real and imagined.
As with all our tours we take a moment to ask permission to enter, and to ask for the spirits of this place to show us the things we need to see. Once upon the top we divulge ourselves with the story of Gawain and the Green Knight then allow our guests to wander and soak up the atmosphere of the Isle of the living, as they gaze out across the landscape back to Avalon, the once Isle of the Dead.
About This Deal
• Tours being at 8:30am or 1:30pm
• 4 People Minimum
• 4 hour Walking Tour
• Appropriate walking gear is required: trail shoes as the paths are often muddy
• Jackets and coats to accommodate changing weather and windsWe will meet at the St Dunstan's Car Park near the famous Glastonbury Abbey. You will find us by a sign being shown noting "Walking with Wizards". From here we will begin our journey in a comfortable fashion through the Somerset levels towards South Cadbury Castle, the purposed King Arthur's Camelot. Tales will be shared along the way and you being to immerse yourself in the energy and stories of our ancestors, and tap into the energy of these magical lands.
Upon reaching our destination, a hill approximate 500 feet above sea level, we hope to be embraced by a clear day allowing a panoramic view of the Somerset levels and the distant Glastonbury Tor and perhaps Brent Knol just beyond.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a Walking Tour
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Transport by private vehicle
- Transportation to the location of the tour start is not included
- The listed price does not include any parking fees you choose to incur
St Dunstan's Car Park next to the Glastonbury Abbey on Magdalene Street.
Our day will begin at your scheduled tour time, as we will meet at the St Dunstan's Car Park next to the Glastonbury Abbey entrance on Magdalene Street in Glastonbury.
This tour requires a good deal of walking and a level of fitness. To best be prepared for the day, one may consider the following:Wear comfortable shoes for walking Bring additional layers of clothing for the weather can be temperamental Bring water and snacks as you feel compelled to bring Don't forget your camera!
Same as pick up location.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Walking with Wizards in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.