This page sets out the Terms and Conditions applicable to the Merlin Free Prize Draw. This is a legal document which is the agreement between you (whom we refer to as “you”, “your” or “entrant”) and us. We are MyCityDeal Limited (trading as Groupon UK) and we are the promoter of the Merlin Free Prize Draw. We are a company registered in England with our registered office at Seal House, 1 Swan Lane, London EC4R 3TN (and we refer to ourselves as “Groupon UK” “we”, “us” or “our” in this document).
1. Entry to the Prize Draw
1.1 To enter this free prize draw you simply need to redeem a voucher purchased from the deal page that links to these Terms and Conditions.
1.2 The prize draw will be open to entrants beginning on 00:00 (BST) Saturday, 11 July 2015.
1.3 The prize draw will remain open until 23:59 (BST) Wednesday, 26 August 2015. Any entries received after 11:59 (BST) Wednesday, 26 August 2015 are ineligible for consideration. Alternatively, the prize draw will be closed early if all sold vouchers are redeemed.
2.1. Only one entry per person is allowed. No third party or bulk entries will be permitted.
2.2. Entrants must be aged 18 years or older.
2.3. Groupon UK accepts no responsibility for entries that fail to be received or delivered. Proof of submission is not proof of entry.
2.4. Groupon UK reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants and may deny anybody entry at its sole discretion. Groupon UK does not accept liability for any ineligible entries.
2.5. Groupon UK may request any relevant information it views as reasonably necessary to verify eligibility. Failure to provide such information upon request will result in Groupon UK denying eligibility for the prize draw.
3. The Prizes
3.1. There will be four winners of the prize draw.
3.2. Each prize will be Two Standard Individual Merlin Annual Passes, valid at all Merlin Attractions in the UK
3.3. Each prize is non-transferrable.
3.4. Each prize is as stated and you are not entitled to obtain another product or cash alternative from us.
3.5. Should Groupon UK be unable to provide a prize as listed it reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of similar value.
3.6 The prize draw is only open to individuals who live in the UK.
4. Selecting the Winners
4.1. From the total number of eligible entrants who have entered, four winners will be selected at random.
4.2. Groupon UK will notify the winners at the email address registered with their Groupon UK account from which they purchased the winning redeemed vouchers by 18.00 (BST) Thursday, 17 September 2015. Each winner will be instructed to email firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm acceptance of the prize.
5. Claiming your Prize
5.1. If Groupon UK does not receive the acceptance email from a winner within ten days after notification is provided, Groupon UK reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to deem the prize as unaccepted and to offer the prize to an additional entrant from the applicable prize pool.
5.2. If the prize is not accepted by a winner in accordance with the terms above, Groupon UK may, within one day, randomly select an additional winner via the same process used to select the initial winner. Such subsequent winner will be notified as per clause 4.2 save that such notification will be after 18.00 (BST) Thursday, 17 September 2015.
5.3. Once a prize is accepted Groupon UK will be in contact to explain how to receive the prize.
6.1. Groupon UK will treat personally identifiable information in confidence. Groupon UK reserves the right to publish the full name of the winners on the Groupon UK Facebook and Twitter pages.
6.2 By entering this prize draw you agree that your name, image, biography (including county), likeness or any other relevant information may be used by Groupon UK for unpaid promotional related publicity (including photographic shots and interviews).
6.2 The name of each winner will be available to any person who writes to request such information. The address to write to is Groupon Press Office, Groupon UK, Seal House, 1 Swan Lane, London EC4R 3TN.
7. Other Restrictions
7.1. Groupon UK shall be entitled to terminate or modify the prize draw or to modify these terms and conditions at any time prior to the closing date of the prize draw by publishing any such modification or termination on any Groupon UK website.
7.2. Failure to comply with any aspect of these terms and conditions will result in the invalidation of your entry. In the event of a dispute, the decision of Groupon UK shall be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
7.3. Groupon UK reserves the right to promote this prize draw on Groupon.co.uk, Facebook.com and Twitter.com, subject to the terms and conditions governing the use of the aforementioned websites.
7.4. Groupon UK shall be under no obligation to run the prize draw or award prizes in the event it is unable to do so due to circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control. You agree that by entering this prize draw no obligation on the part of Groupon UK shall be attached for such events described in the preceding sentence.
7.5. Groupon UK accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant resulting from entering this prize draw or by the entrant’s acceptance of the prize provided that Groupon UK does not exclude or limit liability for any liability that cannot be excluded by law and nothing shall exclude Groupon UK’ liability for fraud or death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
7.6. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. Facebook and Twitter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or liability caused by matters relating to this prize draw.
7.7. This promotion shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and all disputes arising from it shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts. For entrants who enter from Scotland or Northern Ireland, this promotion shall be governed by the laws of Scotland or Northern Ireland respectively and all disputes arising from it shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland or Northern Ireland respectively.
MERLIN ANNUAL PASSES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Prizes: There are 4 prizes of a pair of Standard Individual Merlin Annual Passes. Each winner will be sent two Standard Individual Merlin Annual Pass Gift Vouchers. Each Gift Voucher is valid for 10 months from issue and may only be exchanged for a Standard Individual Merlin Annual Pass at a participating Merlin attraction. Each Pass entitles the Holder to 12 months’ free entry to all UK Merlin attractions. The Merlin Annual Pass includes entry to the attractions only. Please see www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/terms for full information on the Pass terms and conditions and any additional Passholder Perks.
- All entrants and the winners must be 18 years of age or older. Photographic proof of identity and age may be required.
- Prizes can only be used as stipulated, are not transferable to another individual and cannot be exchanged for cash or used in any other way. Sale of the Prizes for profit is prohibited. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or ticket. Prizes must be taken as a complete package. Any purported or attempted transfer or sale of or other misuse of a Gift Voucher or Annual Pass will render it automatically void.
- Merlin Annual Passholders are subject to Merlin Annual Pass Terms and Conditions which can be found here www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/terms. Entry to any Merlin attraction is subject at all times to the terms and conditions for entry at each attraction, which are available via the website of the relevant attraction.
- In the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, Merlin Entertainments reserves the right to amend or alter the terms of the prize at any time but will always endeavour to minimise the effect on participants to avoid undue disappointment.
- No cash alternative. In the event of a prize being unavailable, Merlin Entertainments reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Size, height, weight, age restrictions and medical warnings apply to certain rides and attractions. The attractions reserve the right to refuse entry and to close and/or alter all or any part of the facilities including closure of rides and/or attractions and removal of figures for technical, operational, health and safety or other reasons including over capacity.
Address of promoter: MyCityDeal Limited (t/a Groupon UK) | 1 Swan Lane | London EC4R 3TN| UK | (company number 07112363 – registered in England).