Hairdressers in Belfast: things to know before you go
With so many hairdressers in Belfast, there’s a whole host of options when it comes to taming that mane. Find the help you need in these answers to some common questions.
Where is the best hairdressers in Belfast?
You can keep your locks under control – even in the most blustery Belfast winds – by visiting the best hairdressers in the city. There are all sorts of options available to suit every type of hair style – here’s our pick of the bunch:
- Stafford Hairdressing is a Belfast institution with a longstanding history in the city. If you’re stuck in a rut with your hairstyle, then take it from us: this is the place to visit. Modern and chic hair stylists will give you great advice about the latest trends and what’s right for your hair.
- Jason Shankey, in East Belfast, is a hairstyle solution for both men and women. Whether you’re after a signature LA Blow Dry to look smart at work, prepare for a big date, or you want to pamper yourself with a beauty package – rest assured, Jason Shankey has all the options under the sun.
- Capelli Company is the place to go for haircuts, colouring and styling if you’re after the best hairdresser deals in Belfast. This unisex hairdresser delivers a mix of treatments, including hair extensions, blow dry and more.
Where is the best place for a kids’ haircut in Belfast?
Getting your kids to the hairdressers can be a nightmare – but finding the right hairdressers in Belfast makes all the difference. Here are some places with a great reputation for children’s haircuts in the city:
- The Final Cut is one of the most popular hairdressers in East Belfast, providing style for the whole family. Book a neat and tidy back to school cut, go for a modern twist, or a style inspired by their favourite footballer.
- Bill Harris Hairdressing is a top hairdressers in Belfast city centre located in the Cathedral Quarter. It’s one of Belfast’s top salons, within walking distance of the MAC – so it’s ideally placed for you to swing by after a family day out.
Keep an eye on our current deals for haircuts in Belfast.
Where is the best place for hair straightening in Belfast?
If you’re fed up of fuzzy hair and want to smooth out those unruly locks, hair straightening in Belfast provides the perfect solution. From Cathedral Quarter to the Queens Quarter and east of the river, get smooth hair at a hairdresser near you. These are some of our top picks:
- Colour Keys. Located close to Belfast Zoo, this salon offers permanent straightening alongside various beauty packages – so you can make your skin glow while getting a new look.
- Soul Hairdressing. Here you can get KeraStraight treatment designed to last for up to four months – plus a range of other treatments to suit your hairstyle and preferences.
- Capelli Company. Book in for transformative Ionic Hair Retexturizing treatment to straighten out those locks. By eliminating the use of heat, this method reduces the risk of hair damage.
What should you know before straightening your hair?
Dealing with frizzy or curly hair can be frustrating – and this can be a real drag if you’re rushing to get ready for a night on the town or a meal out. That’s why professional hair straightening can be a great solution. However, be aware of these potential side effects of excessive use before booking an appointment:
- Dryness and split ends
- Loss of colour
- Itchy and flaky scalp
- Altered hair texture
- Slower hair growth