Spa in Birmingham: things to know before you go
The chaos of the city can drive the best of us onto the massage table but a spa retreat can be the best way to truly unwind. Whether you’re just after one spa treatment or an entire day of pampering, we’ve answered your pressing questions.
Where is the best spa in Birmingham?
With countless spas in Birmingham, crowning the best is no easy task. We’ve narrowed it down to a few favourites based on what you might be looking for from your pampering. Here are some of the best:
- Busy bees. At One Day Spa is a stone’s throw from Birmingham’s business district, located in the perfect spot for those lunchtime crisis-massages or after-work pampering.
- Luxury packages. Bannatyne’s Health Club offer every massage treatment you can imagine. Best of all, once your troubles have been scrubbed away you can enjoy the relaxing facilities as well as a spot of lunch.
- On-site hotel. Santai Spa is hidden away inside The Genting Hotel at Resorts World. They have some surprising treats like an outdoor Jacuzzi and a salt cave. If that’s a bit ‘out there’ for you – just stick to the pool or sauna instead.
- Tranquillity. Cube Club and Spa is a little secret oasis, ideal if you’re stopping by for just one treatment or you’re looking for a full day of total relaxation. We’ll race you to the hanging pods.
Where can I find a Hammam spa in Birmingham?
Moroccan spas are often the best, with wonderfully relaxing rituals and ambience. If you’re wondering what Hammam is in the first place, this handy guide explains it all. Here are some of the best spas in Birmingham for Hammam treatments:
- The Amala Spa. Located in the Hyatt Regency, it’s home to a Turkish bath, as well as a Hammam treatment room for ultimate luxury. Book yourself in for restorative treatments like a Turkish bath ceremony, or a salt and oil scrub.
- Agadir Spa. Bringing Turkish pampering to Birmingham with a range of Hammam treatments, arrange a steam and full body massage. Just the thought of it has us feeling more Zen already.
What should I bring to my spa day?
You don’t need to pack much to enjoy a spa treatment. The main essentials are some comfortable swimwear, toiletries for showering at the end of the day and loose-fitting clothes to change into afterwards. A pair of flip-flops is a good idea – although most spas will provide some disposable ones anyway. You don’t want to wear tight jeans or leggings, as there’s no worse piece of clothing to squeeze into after being scrubbed and oiled up.
Where is the best Birmingham hotel spa?
Whether you’re looking for a romantic weekend away in Birmingham, or you’re just popping in for a lunchtime massage, the UK’s second city is brimming with luxurious spa hotels. Among the highest-rated hotel spas in Birmingham by Groupon customers are:
- Ramada Park Hall Hotel & Spa – indulge in a choice of massage or facial at a Grade II listed premium hotel.
- Mercure Bewdley the Health Hotel – relax at a swimming pool, sauna and steam room before chowing down at its brasserie chic restaurant.
- Moor Hall Hotel and Spa – set in a backdrop of green parkland in Sutton Coldfield, this would make the perfect out-of-town weekend getaway.