Tickets and events in Birmingham: things to know before you go
Not sure where to start looking for your big night out near you? We provide the answers to the most common questions being asked about tickets and events in the city.
What is there to do in Birmingham on a weekend?
Whether you’re discovering a new restaurant or boldly going to a sci-fi convention, Birmingham is a weekender’s wonder.
- Tickle your tastebuds with a selection of foodie fare – from Michelin-starred meals to fast food feasts.
- Indulge in some retail therapy at one of the UK’s largest shopping destinations, the Bullring, with more than 200 shops offering everything from bikes to beauty products.
- Book tickets to big-name exhibitions at the NEC, like BBC Gardener's World Live, the Gadget Show and more – offering hands-on demonstrations and live audience recordings.
What should I expect when visiting a food festival?
If you haven't been to a food festival before, our handy guide will help you make it a memorable experience.
- Eat before you go. Don’t attend on an empty stomach – busy stalls showing off the best of what Birmingham restaurants have and too much choice means if you arrive hungry, you'll probably want to eat everything! Take your time and have a look around, before deciding what's worth spending your money on.
- Take cash. Most small businesses have the facilities to handle cards, but cash will make things much easier. You can pay immediately, avoiding WiFi black spots, and also manage your spend.
- Plan your day. It always takes longer than you think to make your way around a festival or convention, so plan your time and don't miss out any good bits.
What couples days are available Birmingham?
There’s plenty going on for you and a loved one in Birmingham, from nights at the theatre to a stunning spa break to let you both indulge in the ultimate relaxing setting.
- Treat your partner to a date night to remember at the Mockingbird Cinema and Kitchen, where you can enjoy a movie in an intimate setting, uniquely accompanied by a delicious meal.
- Want to unwind? A revitalising couple’s massage could be just the tonic. Pamper your partner (and yourself) with a variety of other spa and beauty treatments too.
- Let your moves do the talking and learn something fun together with dance classes. Havana Salsa offers a package with eight beginner lessons, so you and your partner can shake things up.
How can I make the most out of visiting an expo?
Whether attending an expo for fun, or to make networking opportunities, follow our tips to get the most out of your visit.
- Plan ahead. Check out the show information available online, including lists of exhibitors and schedule of events. Once you know what you want to see and do, you'll be able to plan your visit much more easily.
- Book early. It's worth pre-registering for large expos as you'll receive the latest news, show offers and event invitations by email, and could save money too.
- Allow enough time. Use your plan wisely to help you navigate your way around a busy exhibition, and aim to keep the day free of other distractions to make the most of the event. A couple of hours is never quite enough.