Tickets and events in Edinburgh: things to know before you go
Here are some of the most popular questions asked about tickets and events in Edinburgh - answered!
What can you do in Edinburgh during the day?
There's much to keep you busy in the city during the day, as well as at night. Get ready to have some fun and check out the latest deals for festival tickets and theatre events in Edinburgh. Here’s a few ideas to get you started.
- Visit a festival. Check out True OriGINS - The Scottish Gin Festival at The Biscuit Factory for masterclasses and tasting, to help you learn more about Scottish gins.
- Experience some history. Take the opportunity to visit the John Knox House, a medieval building dating from 1470, for a fascinating insight into Scotland's past.
- Take a tour. Experience Edinburgh in true style, with a great range of bus, boat and even helicopter tours of your fair city on offer.
What is there to do in Edinburgh at night?
Edinburgh’s bustling pubs and clubs, theatres and music venues are the backbone of the city’s nightlife. If you’re stuck for a few suggestions, see if any of the below take your fancy.
- A night of comedy. See the best of Scottish comedy’s up-and-comers alongside established acts at the Monkey Barrel Comedy's Big Show Sunday.
- Music by candlelight. Relax in the gorgeous St Giles Cathedral listening to performances of stirring classical music by a chamber orchestra..
- Dinner with live music. Visit The Jam House for a tasty three-course dinner with prosecco accompanied by amazing live music and a DJ spinning the classics.
What are you likely to see at a circus in Edinburgh?
Going to the circus is great fun for all the family , and Edinburgh has a great deal of them to choose from. Take a ringside seat and find out what to expect at a circus in Edinburgh.
- Big Kid Circus. This family-friendly show presents the sensational Deneprovski tightrope troupe, plus a pulse-racing Wheel of Death performance from Ukraine.
- Circus Extreme. Death-defying stunts from the extreme FMX team and a high wire show from the Danguir Troupe will keep you on the edge of your seat.
- Gandeys Circus. Enjoy high-risk tricks and stunts and a five-handed springboard act from incredible artists, acrobats and aerialists.
What else should I see in Edinburgh?
The city has some amazing, inspirational places to visit, alongside the seemingly endless options for tickets and events in Edinburgh.
- Edinburgh Bus Tours offer a bus and boat tour that takes you through the city streets, and on a cruise around the Firth of Forth. Take in the wondrous Edinburgh skyline and the three bridges.
- Arthur’s Seat, in lush Holyrood Park, is a national icon. Take a memorable climb to the top and astonish yourself with views of the beautiful city below.
- People-watching is an absolute must in Edinburgh – particularly during festival season. Secure a spot at one of the Royal Mile’s marvellous cafes to watch the world go by.
- Visit the National Mining Museum for an insight into the history of the mining industry of Scotland, with a fascinating tour around a Victorian colliery.