Food and drink in Liverpool: things to know before you go
Food and drink in Liverpool is as diverse as the city itself, so get some guidance by reading our answers to these common questions.
Where is the best place to eat in Liverpool?
Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, anniversary or simply want to treat yourself or a loved one, Liverpool has a whole array of cafés, hotels, bistros and restaurants offering unique food and drink options.
Among our customers’ favourites is the Yukti Indian Street Fusion restaurant, where you can dig into flavoursome Indian fusion dishes, all washed down with a fancy bottle of wine. Perfect before a night out on the town with friends.
If you’re a big music fan – and who isn’t in the home of the Beatles? – you can find restaurants in the legendary Cavern Quarter. In Liverpool’s cultural heart is the Festival Food and Drink Grill, which serves up juicy Brazilian steaks alongside live music.
Outside the city centre, you can find the extravagant Michelin star Tydden Llan. Feel like royalty as you fine-dine and sip champagne in complete luxury.
Where can I find a meal and entertainment in Liverpool?
Living among the hustle and bustle of Liverpool – with all the music, food, gigs, shopping and bars on your doorstep – you may not feel you have much time to soak up the culture around you. However, there are fun nights out to enjoy where can get a nice meal with a side of entertainment:
- Blundell Street Restaurant – if you prefer something quirky and different, such as a converted warehouse in the hipster Baltic Triangle area, the Blundell will be right up your street. It hosts cabaret nights, comedy acts and talent competitions – so there’ll be lots to watch while you’re chowing down.
- Blue Swan Boat Hire – get your tranquillity by taking to the water. Cruise along the Liverpool-Leeds Canal while tucking into a light lunch and admiring the scenery floating by.
- Hilton Liverpool’s tribute nights – flashy, trashy and a lorra’ lorra’ fun, a tribute night in Liverpool combined with food and drink is the perfect setting for a night out with some classics. Centrally located in Liverpool ONE, it is easily accessible from anywhere in the city.
Where can I sample the best gin?
The gin scene is booming across the UK – and Liverpool is no exception to the craze. Here are some of the best places to get your dose of the good stuff in Liverpool’s best gin bars.
- Jenever. Located in the Knowledge Quarter, Jenever is home to the largest collection of gin in Liverpool. With a whopping 70 different types of gin and a menu of fine food, get ready to spend the evening tantalising your taste buds.
- Liquor and All Sorts. If you’d prefer to learn more about gin, take part in a gin tasting course and learn the history of your favourite drink. Bottoms up!
Where is the best place for afternoon tea in Liverpool?
While coffee may be the more popular option for people wanting a hot drink refreshment, afternoon tea is still a pretty big deal in Liverpool. It’s an elegant and sophisticated choice, available here:
- Richmond Hotel R Bar and Brasserie provides an elegant sparkling afternoon tea within easy reach of town. It’s perfect for combining a day shopping at Liverpool ONE with an afternoon treat.
- Inglewood Manor Hotel, on the other hand, offers a tranquil countryside setting – ideal for spoiling your mum or gran.