Spas in Newcastle: things to know before you go
Indulge your senses and unwind with a spa treatment in Newcastle. If you’re new to the pampering world, or a seasoned pro, find the most frequently asked questions answered here.
Where are the best places in Newcastle for a spa break?
Newcastle city centre is littered with great spa hotels offering day-long and weekend breaks. Escape the hustle and bustle at one of these retreats where you can relax and recharge your batteries.
- The Crown Plaza Hotel is centrally located a short walk away from the Life Science Centre. You can enjoy world-class spa treatments at its Mineral Spa.
- Malmaison Newcastle offers pampering spa packages close to the Millennium Bridge. Escape for the weekend while enjoying the added convenience of being in the centre of town.
- The Manor House Hotel is a good call if your idea of a spa break means leaving the city entirely. With luxurious treatments in a pastoral setting, this place is perfect for weekends or longer breaks, leaving you feeling revitalised and pampered.
Where are the best Newcastle spa days?
Whether you’re looking to live up the luxury with a friend or treat a loved one to an anniversary gift, spa packages are always worth it. We’d recommend these places for a spa day in Newcastle:
- Village Hotel and Spa has tantalisingly invigorating spa treatments for you or for two – with the option of an afternoon cream tea available.
- Tina’s Beauty Galleries’ bespoke pamper packages – in Haymarket near the Great North Museum – offer every kind of beauty treatment from facials to waxing.
- The Arch is renowned for its friendly customer service. Its central and conveniently located spa is also a plus – you can treat yourself to a day of beauty treatments to refresh and rejuvenate ahead of a night out or romantic meal in town.
What are the benefits of salt therapy?
Salt therapy is a form of halotherapy dating back to medieval Poland. This spa treatment is considered to offer a number of health benefits, such as:
- Better breathing
- Stronger immune system
- Healthier skin
- Improved and energy levels
What is the correct massage etiquette?
Whether you receive a massage treatment on a spa day or weekend break, the etiquette remains the same.
Our top tips:
- Shower before your massage to help with oil absorption
- Don’t worry about shaving
- Only undress as far as you’re comfortable
- You don’t have to talk through the massage
- If something doesn’t feel good, say so
- Don’t eat a large meal before your massage
You might get a massage in Newcastle to unwind after a stressful week, or energise your mind and body. Whatever your reason, follow the right etiquette to enjoy your experience to the fullest.