Spas in Oxford: things to know before you go
Looking to escape the bustle of the city? We don’t blame you. Oxford is home to plenty of beautiful spas just waiting for you to grace them with your presence, but before you collapse on that massage bed, here are your most commonly asked questions answered.
Where are the best spa hotels in Oxford?
Combining the elegance of a hotel with the relaxation of a spa is a match made in heaven. Get ready to wander down to the spa in your gown after a room service breakfast with some of Oxford’s best spa hotels:
- The Crazy Bear is renowned for its unique, quirky yet luxurious experience. Spend a lazy morning underneath satin sheets before heading to the massage rooms. It specialises in Thai massages, which uses warmed fragrant oils and acupressure in yoga-esque treatments.
- De Vere Oxford Thames is located just three miles from the city among acres of stunning parkland. Soak up the views and country air before unwinding in the pool, Jacuzzi or sauna.
- Macdonald Randolph Hotel is nestled in the city centre, ideal for some pampering after a long day, or an entire weekend of indulgence. Expect 5-star treatments and a spa haven you’ll never want to check out of.
Where can I find a day spa in Oxford?
Why not dedicate a whole day for relaxation and respite? We’ve rallied up the best Oxford day spas, including:
- The Oxford Belfry, an ideal spot for a morning or afternoon of preening. Take a dip in the pool after soaking up the aromatic scents in the spa.
- Thy Spa Oxford is perfect for the gift of relaxation, or simply for some time all to yourself. Choose from a range of treatments, including traditional massages.
Where can I find a golf and spa hotel in Oxford?
If you’re looking for a hotel getaway for you and a loved one, then a golf and spa hotel ticks all the boxes, letting you get out o the course by day and relax to your heart’s content in the evening. Here are a couple of the best golf and spa hotels in Oxford:
- The Oxfordshire. This high-end hotel won’t disappoint, with a spot of golf one day and some spa pampering the next.
- Bicester Hotel Golf & Spa. Set in the Oxford countryside, this hotel features indulgent spa break packages and an 18-hole golf course to set your sights on.
Where can I find mother and daughter spa treatments in Oxfordshire?
Whether it’s Mother’s Day, or you just want some quality time together, there are some great spa packages that are perfect for some mum and me time. Sit back, relax and set the world to rights while you enjoy treatments at some fantastic facilities, including:
- The Chamomile Blu Spa - Perfect for a mother and daughter day, with deals including a spa day with the choice of two treatments each as well as some light refreshments.
- The Spa at Witney Lakes - Nestled on the edge of the Cotswolds, making it one of the most tranquil retreats in Oxford. It offers some great double spa packages including “Time for two” and “Cotswolds Tea” Spa Day.