Guided 1.5 hour walking tour of exterior filming locations at the historic dockyard from the hit BBC show 'Call the Midwife'. This tour is led by your very own midwife and takes you behind the scenes including an exhibition of original costumes and props from the popular show.
About This Deal
Originally based on the series of books written by Jennifer Worth, the award winning TV adaptation of 'Call the Midwife' has attracted fans worldwide since it first aired in 2012. Whilst the Nonnatus House interiors are filmed at a closed studio set in Surrey, many of the exterior scenes and other sites are filmed at Chatham Dockyard in Kent.
Watched by more than 10 million viewers and now up to its fifth series, the Historic Dockyard Chatham in Kent has been used to represent the impoverished parts of the East End of London in the 1950’s and 1960's.
As you walk around the dockyard recognize the streets and buildings used to portray the area around Poplar Dock, where many memorable scenes involving its stars have taken place.
This is a gentle paced walking tour led by your very own ‘midwife’ and guide. Your 'midwife' will share with you fascinating anecdotes about the filming of the show, behind the scenes facts, and set the scene by providing a background to Chatham Dockyard itself. The tour also includes an exhibition of costumes and props used in the show including a recreation of the Nonnatus House dining table.
A variety of other locations around The Dockyard have also appeared in the BBC One production as well as countless other movies and TV shows.
Purchasing a ticket for the Call the Midwife Locations Tour also means you have full access to explore Chatham Dockyard.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 26 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - The Historic Dockyard Chatham
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Brit Movie Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.