The Culloden Battlefield and Clava Cairns Tour is an exciting tour of highland discovery, you will experience full emersion into what it would have felt like to be right in the heart of the action, feel the emotions and take in this historic site, on this tour you will visit some of the most stunning places in the highlands and see for yourself the places that inspired the outlander books. Visit Jamie Frasers grave and that of his grandfather, take in the beautifully stunning Scottish scenery as we take you on a journey to remember, come and join our clan!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Culloden Battlefield Visitor Centre, Culloden Moor IV2 5EU Scotland
Explore the historic site of the last Jacobite uprising and experience the sounds and feelings of what it would have been like on the battlefield
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Clava Cairns, Balnuaran of Clava, IV2 5EU Scotland
Visit the stunning site of a 4000 year old Bronze Age burial ground and the site that inspired the outlander books
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Culloden, Culloden, Scottish Highlands, Scotland
Visit Culloden house, at the time of the Jacobite uprising Bonny Prince Charlie used Culloden House as his lodgings and his battle headquarters prior to the battle at Culloden Moor. You will have the opportunity to take plenty of photos of this beautiful house.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Fort George, 11 miles off the A96, Inverness IV2 7TD Scotland
A visit to Fort George is a must on this Highland Tour, built after the battle of Culloden it was used to control the Scottish highlands after the Jacobite uprising of 1745.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Wardlaw Road Wardlaw Mausoleum, Kirkhill, Inverness IV5 7NB Scotland
Visit the burial place of the Frasers of Lovat and the final resting place of Simon "the fox" Fraser. A powerful Jacobite sympathizer known for his double dealings with the British government. grandfather to outlanders Jamie Fraser.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Lunch - A light pack lunch can be provided at a small charge of £5 pp
- Attraction tickets £10pp per attraction
- Entry/Admission - Culloden Battlefield
- Entry/Admission - Fort George
Tourist Information Centre, 36 High St, Inverness IV2 3BJ, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
We can collect from most locations in or around inverness
- Inverness Airport, Inverness Scotland
- Cromarty Firth Port Authority, Invergordon, UK, Port Office, Shore Rd, Invergordon IV18 0HD, UK
6 to 7 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Colin stevenson in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.