The Cotswolds is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty which has inspired artists, writers and philosophers for many centuries. Come and discover idyllic English villages, nestling in quiet valleys, small stone thatched cottages, majestic castles and manors, and charming high streets peppered with quaint tea shops and antiques shops. Let your knowledgeable guides show you the English countryside at its best.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Minster Lovell Hall & Dovecote, Minster Road, Minster Lovell, Witney England
You start your unforgettable Cotswold journey from central Oxford, driving to Burford (the Gateway to the Cotswolds) through Minster Lovell, with its its attractive thatched houses and ruined Hall.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Burford Library 86A High Street, Burford OX18 4QF England
We then continue to Burford, the Gateway to the Cotswolds via the beautiful villages of Asthall and Swinbrook (home to the Mitford sisters). In Burford enjoy browsing around the small shops and cafes in the pretty High Street.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bourton on the Water, Windrush river, Bourton-on-the-Water England
Our drive then takes us through some beautiful countryside and some of the old quarrying villages of the North Cotswolds to Bourton-on-the-Water, the 'Venice of the Cotswolds'. Bourton has many cafes and small souvenir shops to explore and there is also the picturesque River Windrush.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Broadway Tower, Middle Hill, Broadway WR12 7LB England
Another picturesque route brings us to the charming and unspoilt Worcestershire town of Broadway. We stop here for lunch, where you can enjoy the fine shops and quaint cafes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cotswold Lavender, Hill Barn Farm, Snowshill, Broadway WR12 7JY England
After lunch we take a scenic drive to the enchanting village of Snowshill with its beautiful stone cottages and views of the Cotswold Hills. Here, you can take some stunning pictures of a typical Cotswold village. Snowshill is also the home of Cotswold Lavender.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: High Street Chipping Campden, Campden Mews High Street, Chipping Campden GL55 6AT England
Passing the quirky Broadway Tower we head to the delightful market town of Chipping Campden, the centre of the Arts and Crafts Movement in the Cotswolds. Here, you can browse in the quaint shops or visit the impressive ‘wool church’.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Stow-on-the-Wold Market Square, Stow-on-the-Wold England
Our return route to Oxford takes us to the charming town of Stow-on-the-Wold. See the quaint antiques shops and boutiques and visit St Edwards Church with its quirky wooden door (said to have inspired the writer Tolkien).
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Blenheim Palace, Woodstock OX20 1PP England
Our route back to Oxford passes through the delightful market town of Chipping Norton, with a final brief photo stop at Blenheim Palace in Woodstock (birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill).
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Professional Blue Badge guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water and select beverages
- Pick up from hotels in North Oxford on request
- Pick up from Oxford Railway Station on request
Oxford Visitor Information Centre, 15-16 Broad St, Oxford OX1 3AS, UK
8 to 9 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cotswold Exploring in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.