'Travel through time and learn a new skill along the way'
Our hands-on Heritage Workshops teach transferable skills and the histories behind them in a full day (6 hr) programme. Topics range from viking gold motifs and medieval appliqué to '60s patches and timeless beadwork, with Victorian cross stitch, Arts & Crafts tapestry, Regency embroidery, Old English patchwork, Durham quilting and '70s macramé in-between. The histories have a uniquely British flavour, with many rooted in Yorkshire and the North East. The skills are timeless: knitting, tapestry-work, quilting, cross stitch, appliqué, macramé, embroidery and beading.
Heritage Workshops are 6 hours long.
What You'll Get
Be inspired by beautiful Viking goldwork and interpret the motifs in gold thread. Using an embroidery hoop, embellish Celtic designs, stars or snowflakes with beads, sequins and jewels to create a festive decoration.
Taught by textile artist Helen Barnes.
• Duttons for Buttons, 32 Coppergate, York YO1 9NR England
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- The workshops are located on the 2nd floor, up two flights of stairs. Unfortunately there is no lift access in our medieval building.
- Unfortunately we do not have any facilities for infants.
- Not recommended for travellers who have difficulty climbing stairs
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Materials and refreshments.
- Lunch - Although lunch is not provided there are cafes to suit all budgets and green spaces nearby for packed lunches, when the weather is fine.
32 Coppergate, York YO1 9NR, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Duttons for Buttons in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.