Hair straightening in Birmingham: things to know before you go
Put down those irons – there is another way you know. We’ve scoured the city for the best hair straightening vouchers, so you can enjoy a hassle-free hair regime. Here’s all your burning questions answered, so you can find great deals near you.
Where can I find permanent hair straightening in Birmingham?
Birmingham is chock-a-block with great hair salons, so if you’re looking for a silkier mane, you’re in luck. Most hair salons offer hair straightening treatments, with all kinds of smooth and luscious services to choose from. Here’s some salons we think are a cut above the rest:
- Headmasters. A small independent hairdressers in Cotteridge, with more than 40 years of experience, they offer Brazilian hair straightening which has top-rated reviews. Time to kill those kinks.
- Addictions Hair & Beauty. Located in nearby Wolverhampton, this salon offers up a Brazilian blow-dry for silky-straight locks, as well as an optional cut and finish.
- Stevensons Hair Salon. Award winning service can be found here, with 5 stars granted by the Good Salon Guide. They offer a Japanese hair straightening treatment, Yuko, for poker straight hair, which lasts four to six months. Talk about a good hair day.
Where can I find keratin hair straightening in Birmingham?
A Keratin straightening treatment is a chemical process (used by Meghan Markle, we’ll have you know) to smooth frizzy hair. Sounds like a miracle doesn’t it? Here are some of the best salons offering up this wonder of a hair straightening treatment near you:
- Bad Apple Hair in Sutton Coldfield uses ‘Kerastraight’ treatments, which transform hair from frizzy to silky-smooth. There are a few different styles to choose from, including ‘intense boost’ to ‘style solution’.
- Hush hair use a Nanokeratin treatment, which has a ton of clever research behind it. The treatment includes all kinds of vitamins and essential oils to nourish your hair for longer; with the results so good, you won’t be staying hush about it.
- Toni & Guy needs no introduction, and their keratin hair smoothing treatment is unrivalled. Their top hair specialists will work with any hair texture and type for a super shiny result.
Where can I find Japanese hair straightening in Birmingham?
For a more permanent result, look to Japanese hair straightening. There are many different versions of this treatment, and a number of salons providing this type of treatment.
- Pierre Alexandre on the Priory Queensway uses Yuko hair straightening. This permanently straightens curly and wavy hair, with longer lasting results than other hair straightening treatments like the Brazilian blow-dry. Be prepared to sit in the chair for up to 6 hours, though – but the result will quite literally blow your hair regime out of the water.
- Stuart Crown Hair Dressing have a range of Japanese permanent hair straightening on the menu, from anti-frizz treatments to full blown perma-straight.
How much is a keratin treatment cost in Birmingham?
Depending on the treatment you choose, Keratin hair straightening in Birmingham would usually cost anything between £100 – £300, but its lasting results make it more than worth it. Thanks to our great deals at hair salons, however, you can cut the cost even more and enjoy this top-quality treatment without breaking the bank - saving your pennies for that getaway you’ve been planning.
And, if you need your hair colouring or highlighting too, there are plenty of excellent options near you.