Restaurants in Cheltenham: things to know before you go
If you’re new to Cheltenham – or you’re just keen to dine out at some of its best restaurants – we’ve got all your key questions covered right here.
Where are the best Italian restaurants in Cheltenham?
It’s easy to understand why Italian food is so popular – it’s just so tasty and moreish. If you’re looking for the best Italian restaurants in Cheltenham town centre, try some of these:
- Bella Italia is a firm favourite with families. An extensive pizza menu keeps kids happy, and the desserts are superb.
- Primavera Ristorante has an enviable location in the picturesque Montpellier District and serves quintessential Italian dishes to match its opulence. It’s classic fare – spaghetti carbonara, tortellini, linguine and more – done simply yet brilliantly.
- Gianni’s is an authentic Italian ristorante that’s been popular in Cheltenham since 1996 and is known for its generous portions. Take it from us: you won’t leave here hungry.
Are there any Michelin-starred restaurants in Cheltenham?
The award of a coveted Michelin Star is a huge commendation for restaurants. If you really want a culinary treat, you’ll be interested in Cheltenham’s Michelin-starred restaurants. However, in 2019 just one attained that standard:
- Le Champignon Sauvage was the only Gloucestershire-based restaurant that made it in the 2019 Michelin Guide. Le Champignon serves French cuisine with a modern edge – safe in the knowledge it’s the best of the best restaurants in Cheltenham.
For those who don’t want to pay the big bucks to dine at somewhere with a bit of class, Groupon’s top-rated Cheltenham eateries are a great place to start. Take a look at any of the best restaurants on this page serving up premium dishes at discounted prices.
Which are the best restaurants in Cheltenham?
Michelin stars aside, there’s a whole host of excellent eateries throughout Cheltenham. If you’re looking for some of the best, these might tick all your taste boxes:
- Chelsea Brasserie is a smart and sleek restaurant showcasing British fine dining at its best, not least its freshest – with tiger prawns, pan-seared scallops, mussels and seabass among its most delicious seafood dishes.
- The Ballroom dishes up exemplary Indian cuisine mixed with a Bangladeshi influence. As soon as you’ve taken your last bite, you’ll be determined to return as soon as possible.
This is just a selection of some of the best restaurants in Cheltenham. If our choices don’t satisfy your appetite, browse more restaurant vouchers here. You can also check out Culture Trip’s list of the best restaurants in the Cotswolds for further ideas.
Where can I find vegetarian restaurants in Cheltenham?
There are lots of options for people looking for a vegetarian or vegan restaurant in Cheltenham, including:
- Café Rouge – catering for vegetarian and vegan preferences with dishes including pea and mint tortellini, pea and asparagus risotto, and scrumptiously fruit-rich desserts.
- The Coconut Tree – a Sri Lankan restaurant which effortlessly oozes cool. Although it does serve meat dishes, there’s a hefty section of the menu devoted to vegetarian dishes – and it also ranks highly as one of the best vegan restaurants in Cheltenham. Pineapple curry? Yes please.