Facial in Glasgow: things to know before you go
Glasgow’s an extraordinary city – but it does no wonders for our faces, with air pollution and 11-month winters. That’s why a facial in Glasgow can quickly revitalise how you look, feel and approach the day. Here are some key questions answered about facial deals near you.
What are the benefits of a facial?
When it comes to choosing the right facial, Glasgow’s the place to be. In this city you’ll find many facial treatments available – from hair removal to an oxygen facial – to suit your needs. A facial can:
- Hydrate your skin. Facials give your skin some much needed moisture, deeply nourishing the skin, which helps to rejuvenate it, clear breakouts and even conceal wrinkles. This helps refine, sculpt and lift the face – so you could look like a Hollywood A-lister whether you’re on a night out in in town or just chilling in Kelvingrove Park.
- Boost your wellbeing. Living in any city comes with its own pressures – whether at work or in the rush hour home. All facials include a soothing head massage and you’ll be surprised at how much tension you’ve been holding up there. The essential oils and gentle pressure is proven to help reduce anxiety and any negativity you’ve got going on.
What are the different types of facials?
There are as many facial treatment options as there are types of coffee on the menu in a West End café. Facials can be tailored to fit different skin types, conditions and ages. It’s good to do your research before booking your facial in Glasgow. Here are the three main types of facial in a nutshell:
- Clinical facial. Ideal for troublesome skin conditions like acne, a clinical facial involves light therapy, chemical peels, and pore extractions. Not the one if you just want a therapeutic facial, but great when you’re looking for quick results.
- A straight-up facial. If you just want to relax, a traditional facial might be just up your street – literally, as there are so many treatment centres across Glasgow. Incredibly soothing, these use aromatherapy oils, calm music and scrubs.
- IPL facial. The fancy abbreviation for impulse light therapy, ideal for scarring, wrinkles and other skincare concerns. The light gives you smoother skin and smaller pores – improving your skin health in the long-term. What’s not to like?
Where can I find the best facial treatment in Glasgow?
Everybody is different – and every body is different. The best facial treatment option for you depends on what you’re looking for. Do you want to get rid of acne, reduce wrinkles, or just chill the hell out?
With so many treatment centres across Glasgow it can be a challenge to weed out the best. However, among the highest-rated on Groupon are:
- Ultima8 Skn – with peels, hair removal and teeth whitening, you can get other beauty treatments on the same day as your facial. Based in the north of Glasgow, its two locations also benefit from being away from the bright lights, hustle and bustle and traffic of the city centre and West End.
- KSkin – Located in the heart of Merchant City, this is the perfect place to drop by when you’re in town. The quality team of aestheticians here will satisfy even the most demanding beauty buffs with advanced technologies.
Where can I find dermaplaning in Glasgow?
Dermaplaning involves exfoliation to scrape off dead skin and microscopic facial hair removal. Once the preserve of just a few West End clinics, you’ll now find this treatment across Glasgow – north and south of the Clyde.
Why? Because dead skin and hairs can give you a flaky complexion, clogging your pores and hair follicles. Look to Pinkies & Toes Ltd for a range of microdermabrasion options in the north of Glasgow, as well as New Look Skincare Beauty Salon south of the river. Both clinics have top-rated reviews from our customers, so you’ll be in safe hands.