What You'll Get
- One ticket to see St. Paul’s Cathedral presents: New Worlds
- When: 3 May | 7 June | 11 July | 2 August | 6 September
- Where: St. Paul’s Cathedral, London
- Showtime: 7 p.m.
- 3 May, America in Paris Spectacular: Organ and Orchestra Spectacular presents American-French programme including Barber’s Toccata Festiva and Gershwin’s An American in Paris
- 7 June, Fast Cycles & Twitchy Organs – American Minimalism at the Organs: US composer Nico Muhly plays some of his own music alongside iconic masterpieces from the American minimalist tradition with a help of organist James McVinnie and friends
- 11 July, For the Common Man: St Paul’s Cathedral Choir and Organists perform seminal American choral works of the 20th century, opening with Copland’s celebrated Fanfare for the Common Man, written in response to the US entry into World War II
- 2 August, A Bite from the Big Apple: acclaimed New York City virtuoso Stephen Tharp brings a programme full of contemporary American pieces and European classics
- 6 September, Holst - The Planets: Simon Johnson takes the audience on the intergalactic journey with Holst’s spectacular odyssey and big-screen space footage
St. Paul’s Cathedral presents: New Worlds
Formed largely after the Second World War, St. Paul’s Cathedral has had a strong relationship with the American people. It serves as the most visible and striking reminder of the American soldiers who sacrificed their lives on the UK front and subsequent deep friendship between the countries. The space was completely destroyed in the Blitz and rebuilt after the war, to be dedicated to the fallen American soldiers. For the 60th anniversary of opening the chapel, St. Paul’s has organised a celebration of American composers, musicians and works, focusing on different themes with each concert.
The Fine Print
Valid on date and time specified on Groupon only.
Purchase: Limit 1 per person. May buy 9 additional as gifts.
Restrictions: No booking required. Exchange printed Groupon on arrival at the box office. 14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Valid on option purchased only. For step-free access please contact the venue directly before purchase.
Original values: Verified using our merchant's website on 26 Feb 2018.