Facial in London: things to know before you go
Whether you’ve had a busy week at work or one-too-many late nights out, treat your visage to some well-earned indulgence with an affordable facial in London. Radiant, glowing skin isn’t just for London’s A-listers – you can pamper yourself to perfection with a facial. Find out more about what to expect from a facial below and in this guide.
Are facials worth it?
Your skin is an organ – and just like your heart, lungs or muscles it needs nourishing to stay healthy. Here are some of the benefits of facial treatment.
- Glowing skin. Professional facials cleanse and hydrate your skin to the max, nourishing many times more effectively than any moisturiser on your bathroom shelf.
- Mental wellbeing. The whole facial experience – gentle massaging, soothing music and relaxing fragrances – can boost your mental wellbeing, reduce anxiety and lift negative moods.
And that’s just the basics. There are many kinds of available facial treatments in London, from peels to exfoliations and anti-aging, so you can get exactly the results you want. What’s more, you can combine them with other spa treatments too.
What is the best facial treatment?
The best facial for you depends on your skin type and what results you’d like to see. If you want to:
- Clear away dead skin - microdermabrasion and facial peels could help you get a more radiant complexion
- Reduce fine lines - chemical peels are popular to get rid of those crow’s feet
- Get smoother skin - oxygen facials are the new kid on the block
- Hydrate and moisturise - deep-cleansing facials are the best for intensive nourishment
That’s the tip of iceberg with facials in London – you can achieve just about any type of treatment you could ever want or need, at prestigious clinics and surgeries possibly just a stone’s throw away from your home.
What does a facial do for your skin?
Facial treatments are deeply nourishing, resulting in skin that looks and feels healthier. Other benefits include lifting, refining and sculpting. Some treatments can reduce the visibility of wrinkles, while others are geared towards taming breakouts and nourishing dry patches.
What are the different types of facials?
London has it all. The traditional, the novel, the weird and wacky – so if you’re undecided, take a look at these different facial treatments in London and what they can do for you:
- Clinical facial. These include a peel, light therapy, and cosmeceutical products, which is ideal if you have a skin condition like acne and need problem-solving results.
- Aromatherapy facial. Probably the most relaxing option, with essential oils used to reduce stress and help your complexion.
- Intense Pulsed Light facial. An IPL uses laser technology to regenerate the skin for smaller pores, smoother skin and for treating acne, or wrinkles.
- Traditional facial. This treatment can boost circulation for a brighter complexion and eliminate water retention, which can give you killer cheekbones.
- Exfoliating facial. If you really want to shed some skin, an exfoliating facial will remove dead skin, making way for new skin cells to flourish.