Spa days in London: things to know before you go
Everyone needs a little me-time, especially when living in the lively capital. Finding the right spa hotel or treatment can be daunting. We answer all the commonly asked questions here.
What are the benefits of spa treatment?
Let’s be honest, London life can be pretty full-on. Whether you’re working long hours in Canary Wharf, battling herds of shoppers on Oxford Street or staying out late in Soho, spas in London offer a revitalising break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
By taking time to yourself, away from the hectic city life, you’ll feel relaxed and refreshed. Other benefits of spa treatments include:
- Improved blood circulation
- Stimulating the lymphatic system to detoxify the body
- Boots to the immune system
- Lowered stress level
- Increased happiness levels
- Promotion of cell regeneration
- Improved sleep
- Relief from aches and pain in joints and muscles
- Exfoliation of skin
What are the best spa therapies?
Feeling stressed out and tense? Is your skin looking dull and tired? Or, are you just in need of a little TLC? In London, there’s a spa treatment to suit every mood.
Two of the best and most popular spa treatments include:
- Body Massage. With muscle relief and detoxification from the Swedish massage, re-energisation from the Thai massage and deep relaxation from aromatherapy massage, you can find the best spa treatment to relieve tension and stress near you in London.
- Facials. Pollution in the city can really affect your skin, so having a facial can be a much-needed pampering experience. London has some of the best facial spa treatments, including the bestselling Beauty & Melody Hair and Spa facial and radiance peel, ideal for creating a youthful glow.
Are facial treatments at spas good for skin?
Not only do facial treatments cleanse and revitalise the skin, but they also leave it looking moisturised, rejuvenated and positivity glowing. Masks and peels are also great for the skin and can be applied to the face to remove any dead skin cells, helping to restore balance.
The treatments as so relaxing and therapeutic you’ll be forgiven for drifting off to sleep. Facials are a leisurely experience, reducing your stress levels and increasing levels of happiness. The same benefits can be reaped for a facial as with a massage – just on a smaller scale.
What is the best spa hotel in the UK?
London is home to many of the best spa hotels in the UK. With many in easy to reach central locations, here are our top-selling spas, recommended by our customers:
- Imagine Spa - Hilton Hotel This luxury spa feels extra fancy, so it’s the perfect indulgent treat. It’s located at Heathrow Terminal 5 so ideal for enjoying a pre or post-trip spa day.
- Courthouse Hotel –Centrally located, just a stone’s throw away from Oxford Street, the noise and crowds of people world’s away as you indulge your senses at this highly recommended spa hotel.
- Brooklands Hotel Escape the hustle and bustle of the capital to relax and unwind, overlooking the Mercedes Benz World track at this exclusive spa hotel in Weybridge.