Spas in Harrogate: things to know before you go
Harrogate is one of the UK’s premier spa towns, so what better place to enjoy some well-deserved pampering and relaxation? Before you book, take a look at our handy Q&A to help you find your perfect relaxation.
Where can I find spa treatments in Harrogate?
If you don’t have the time to spare for a full or half spa day in Harrogate, you will find lots of venues in the town centre offering individual beauty and pampering treatments, including:
- Renaissance Health & Beauty Spa on Station Parade offers a selection of nail treatments, massages and facials, so you can leave feeling refreshed from head to toe.
- The Treatment Rooms on Mayfield Grove gives you the chance to indulge in a full body massage to soothe aches and pains, or a spa facial to refresh and revitalise your skin.
- Patti Hemmings on Cheltenham Mount has an array of holistic treatments such as aromatherapy massage, reflexology and acupuncture.
What are the best spa hotels in Harrogate?
Harrogate and its surrounding areas boast many luxurious spa hotels near you, so you can have the ultimate pampering break, including:
- The Majestic Hotel. Housed within a stately Victorian building on Ripon Road close to the town centre, enjoy four-star luxury here. It boasts a hydrotherapy pool, jacuzzi and steam room along with The Orchid Rooms, where you will find an array of treatments on offer from Decléor facials to aromatherapy massages.
- Rudding Park Hotel. South of the town centre, this hotel boasts its very own Rasul mud treatment room and Escape Zone where you can relax and unwind with a bespoke beauty treatment. Afterwards, head to the award-winning rooftop spa and garden.
What are the benefits of a Turkish bath?
A Turkish bath has many health benefits. The combination of heating and cooling can boost your circulation, help rid your body of toxins and encourage the opening of your pores to deep cleanse the skin.
It’s good for your wellbeing too. The experience leaves many people feeling relaxed and revitalised, so it’s the perfect pick-me-up if you’re struggling with a busy week or just need a break from the stresses of everyday life.
Harrogate is the perfect place to try this spa treatment, attracting people far and wide with its incredible Turkish bath facilities since the Victorian era.
Where can I find the best spa venues offering afternoon tea in Harrogate?
Harrogate has a variety of cool cafes and restaurants offering afternoon tea, but there’s also plenty of venues where you can combine this little luxury with a spa day, such as:
- Nidd Hall Hotel serves a delicious array of sandwiches, scones and cakes – you can even add champagne, if you’re celebrating. The hotel boasts a heated indoor pool, plunge pool, sauna and spa so it’s a great choice if you’re planning a day of relaxation and indulgence.
- The Dower House Hotel is just a short drive away in Knaresborough. It serves traditional cream teas, with outdoor dining in the summer. You can combine it with a visit to the hotel’s Imagine Health & Spa venue which offers an array of beauty treatments, facials and massages.