Medical London:Sick City, Alcohol, Anti-masturbation devices
Could you guess that before 1873 alcohol was prescribed by doctors? We know that you want a time-travelling machine now, we do too…
• Explore horrible anti-masturbation devices
• See remains of the first hospital for orphans
• Hear great stories about British medical reformers
• Visit longest surviving medical society in England
• Site of the first hospital created by Florence Nightingale
London was once known as a dirty place, site for epidemic distempers. On our tour we examine the highways of London’s medical past.
You will discover how health care trades transformed themselves into professions, see places where people used to seek treatment and hear stories about the greatest people in medicine.