Day spa in York: things to know before you go
Before booking a day spa in York near you and enjoying a range of pampering treatments spread across a leisurely day, here are all your questions answered.
Where can I find the best spas in York?
From Clifton Moor to Rowntree Park, there are York spa packages available across the city. To make things easy, we’ve handpicked the best spa days across York, so you can spend less time looking and more time with your feet up.
- The Grand York Spa is nestled away in what used to be historic vaults holding millions of pounds. The spa features a luxurious swimming pool, whirlpool, steam room, sauna and relaxation lounge. Book a range of holistic treatments and dine in the hotel restaurant afterwards.
- Q Hotels offer a four-star spa experience just outside York – and it’s top-rated by our happy customers. Select one of their unique spa packages for a day of complete relaxation.
- Middlethorpe Hall & Spa is the best country escape, just two miles from York city centre. Expect a luxury boutique spa nestled in glorious gardens, with tasty treats and a relaxing pool.
Where are the best spa days in York city centre?
As well as the spectacular hotel spas outside of York’s city walls, there are some other gems in the city worth retreating to. Here are some of our favourite places for spa days in York city centre:
- 5 Senses Spa is a stone’s throw from York station. Once inside you’ll be transported to an eastern oasis full of Thai treatments. The name rings true throughout the spa, with lemongrass scented air and mood lighting creating a relaxing atmosphere.
- Bannatyne Health Club & Spa is just outside of town but with a range of fantastic York day spa packages available, it’s well worth the journey. Indulge in various treatments, plus there’s a steam room, sauna and pool to swan about in.
Where can I find spa days in York for two?
It’s nice to share pampering with a loved one or friend and many places offer 2 for 1 spa days in York. Whether you’re looking for a gift for that special someone or doing some pre-party pampering with your bestie, you’ll find a great spa retreat for both of you with our day spa vouchers in the city.
Many spas across the city, like The Grand and 5 Senses, offer a ‘double up’ package. Here you can enjoy a massage side by side, followed by some bubbles and a bit of lunch. Because all that relaxing will make you hungry.
For more massage deals in York, check out our current vouchers.
Where can I find an Elemis spa in York?
You know you’re in good hands when you see Elemis on the spa menu. Pioneering in the skin and beauty universe, an Elemis treatment is the bee’s knees. Here’s where you can find an Elemis facial in York:
- Cloisters Spa & Health Club is just 15 minutes from the city centre and set in six acres of greenery – the ultimate escape. They use Elemis products in all of their treatments, alongside pioneering ‘touch’ therapies.
- Bannatyne Health Club & Spa use Elemis for all their facials and massages, so you can rest assured your body, mind and soul will be soothed and relaxed to the highest standard.