Today's Top Discount Codes & Offers
Currys Discount Codes21Discount Codes Available
Popular Currys PC World Voucher Codes
|Voucher Code Description||Discount Type||Expiry Date|
|Enjoy £100 Off the Samsung HW-R550 Soundbar with Your TV Order at Currys PC World||Online Code||20 Aug|
|Have Your Order Delivered for Free at Currys PC World||Online Deal||04 Oct|
|Take 25% Off Laptop Cases with Selected Laptops at Currys PC World||Online Code||02 Sep|
|Discover £20 Off Microsoft Office if you Order a Laptop or Desktop from Currys PC World||Online Code||02 Sep|
|Grab this Great £20 Discount on Large Kitchen Appliance Orders Over £349 at Currys PC World||Exclusive Online Code||28 Jul|
|30% Off Cameras, Speakers, Home & Garden and More at Currys PC World - Summer Deals !||Online Deal||31 Jul|
Q&A with Currys PC World
How do I use my Currys discount code?
Copy the code given and click through to the Currys PC World website. Once you have added your items to your basket, click through to checkout and fill in your delivery and payment details. At the payment page there will be a box for your promotional code.
How long will my Currys PC World delivery take to arrive?
Standard delivery is free and will take 3-5 working days to arrive. Next day delivery is also available at a cost of £4-10, depending on the time of order.
Can I recycle my old appliances when I get a replacement with Currys PC World ?
Currys can take away your old washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, fridges, freezers, cookers, hobs and TVS (over 42”) and recycle them whenever you purchase a new one. This only applies to items that can be disconnected, not built in appliances.
Can Currys PC World repair a broken machine for me?
Absolutely, with a year’s warranty and an Instant Replacement option for items under £150, you can make sure a broken appliance is looked after quickly and efficiently. Similarly, Currys will fix a broken item within 7 days, if it is salvageable, before falling back on the replacement option.
Can I return my Currys PC World order?
You can return all Currys PC World orders that are unopened and accompanied by a proof of purchase within 21 days of purchase, without exception.
Currys' Guide to Recycling Electronics
Recycling your electronic goods isn’t something many people would have considered a couple of decades ago. Nowadays, it’s become the norm. In fact, Currys collect, reuse and recycle as much as 65,000 tonnes of electrical appliances on a yearly basis.
That pales in comparison to national figures, which saw as much as 378,200 tonnes of electrical appliances being traded in. Want to learn more about the recycling of electrical products? Check out these handy FAQs.
Is recycling electronic gadgets safe?
Recycling your old electronic appliances is very safe, as long as you’re trading in with a trusted name like Currys. It’s important you go through these secure channels, as it means you’ll have peace of mind regarding what your device is going to be used for.
Some of the best places to safely dispose of your old and unwanted appliances include:
- The shop or company you bought the item from
- An organisation with a recycling scheme, like Samsung, Google or Currys
- A third party retailer like CEX, who will sell on legitimate second-hand products
Make sure you’ve wiped all data from the device before you trade it in.
How to wipe data before recycling your electronic devices
While any respectable business will make sure your old device is free of data when they sell on, it’s better to be safe than sorry. As such, you’ll want to make sure you wipe it before handing it over.
The best way to do this is by resetting the PC, tablet, phone or laptop to its factory settings. This will vary depending on the type of product you’re using.
- On Android devices - you need to open the Settings app then tap System > Advanced > Reset Options, then Erase All Data (factory reset).
- On iOS devices - go to the Settings app, and then click General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- On Windows PCs - you'll have to go to the Settings app, click Update & Security, then Recovery, then "Get Started" under the "Reset this PC" option.
- On Chromebooks - open up the Settings pane and pick Advanced, then Powerwash. This will send your computer back to its basic settings.
- On Macs - Option+Command+R until you see a spinning globe. Release the keys, then choose Reinstall macOS and choose Continue. From this point, follow the on-screen instructions.
What impact does recycling electronics have on the environment?
Recycling electronics has a hugely beneficial impact on the environment. Some of the most important factors include:
- Rich raw materials - only 10-15% of gold which is lost in electronic products is ever recovered. The precious metal is ored from quarries across the world, but production could be significantly reduced (causing less environmental damage) if more was salvaged through recycling.
- Toxic materials - older electronics in particular contain substances like lead, mercury and chromium. Preventing these toxic substances from entering the natural environment can be hugely beneficial.
- Movement of hazardous waste - unregulated movement of toxic waste can lead to damage being done to local ecosystems, as well as causing health risks for local residents.
What appliances can be recycled?
If you have any of these lying around your home or office which you no longer use, be sure to recycle them.
- Large appliances - freezers, fridges, washing machines, dishwashers and washing machines can all be recycled.
- Small appliances - likewise, smaller things like toasters, vacuum cleaners, irons and kettles can be recycled.
- IT equipment - fax machines, printers, phones, laptops and smartphones, for example.
- Audio and visual tools - stuff like CDs, DVD players, stereos and TV sets.
- Tools - drills, saws, lawnmowers and anything else that you have sitting around can typically be recycled.
- Grooming appliances - things like electric toothbrushes, straighteners or hairdryers.
How do I recycle an electrical item?
Recycling an item is a very simple process. You simply need to delete all your old data (as we highlighted above) and then decide who you’d like to trade in your device with.
Remember, your options vary between the company you originally purchased from, someone with a recycling scheme or a third-party wholesaler. In some instances, local councils will even offer a collection service specifically for electrical goods.
Connecting with Currys PC World
Call Currys PC World: 0344 561 1234.