Tickets and events in Liverpool: things to know before you go
From evening entertainment to fun for all the family, here’s your guide to nightlife, days out, tickets and events in Liverpool and more – with all your questions answered.
What events are there to see in Liverpool?
Whether you're looking to occupy an evening or find some amusement for the weekend, Liverpool’s events calendar is packed with entertainment from across the world. Here are just a few highlights:
- The Cheese Fest at the Exhibition Centre is well worth a visit, with live cooking demos and lots to sample at the traditional market.
- Watch seasoned wrestlers and hot young guns battle it out for bragging rights and prestigious championships at Megaslam American Wrestling.
- Nine months of the year, the city goes football crazy for matches held at Anfield and Goodison Park, so seeing some football is always a pleasure.
What are the best things to do in Liverpool with children?
Keep the kids entertained in Liverpool with a selection of family activities and events, all year round. Whether they’re mad for museums or gaga for getting outdoors, there’s more than a few fun things to do.
- Check out the sights. Enjoy a cruise along the River Mersey to learn about Liverpool's maritime history with Mersey Ferries, and explore the city on an open-top bus tour.
- Enjoy a fairground adventure. Experience all the fun of the fair with thrilling rides such as the Twister, the Sky Dancer and the Waltzer, plus plenty of fun for little ones too at Mega Value Fun Park.
- Try a new sport. If your kids love sports and the great outdoors, learning some skateboarding basics at Rampworx will be a real treat.
What are some of the most fun things for adults to do in Liverpool?
This is a cultural mecca for rock and pop fans, budding historians and tourists alike – there’s so many great things to do in Liverpool that you'll be spoilt for choice. Here’s how we imagine the ideal evening out in Liverpool:
- Try the popular Supper Club at Blundell Street Restaurant to enjoy a meal with live music.
- Dance the night away at the regular Cabaret Tribute Nights at the Liverpool Naval Club.
- Take an evening cruise along the River Mersey with live music and a licensed bar, courtesy of Mersey Ferries.
What else is there do in Liverpool in the evening?
If you're looking for a great night out then Liverpool is the place to be, with a wide range of concert tickets, deals on music events and a whole host of other exciting things to do.
- Dinner and entertainment. Enjoy a delicious meal with prosecco at Hilton Liverpool, followed by the country’s most popular tribute acts.
- A night at the Cavern Club. One of the world’s most famous concert venues is still the place to catch up-and-coming music acts.
- The greatest show on Earth. It’s not quite the circus as you know it, but for an evening to remember you'll love The Greatest Showman Singalong Tour with stage pyro, balloon drops and late-night dancing.